The Chauvin Arnoux CA762 IP2X Voltage Absence Tester is the ideal tool for electricians. It can be used to check whether a voltage is present in 600V CAT IV electrical installations in both outdoor and indoor environments.
It is able to detect AC voltages up to 690V and DC voltages up to 750V and will automatically determine and indicate the polarity and type (AC/DC) of the voltages detected.
When a high voltage is detected the Chauvin Arnoux CA762 IP2X Voltage Absence Tester will indicate this using red LED lights, when voltages are low (below 25V) green LEDs will illuminate. If hazardous voltage levels are detected (above 50V AC and 120V DC) the instrument’s ELV LED will flash; the higher and more hazardous the voltage the more frequently the ELV LED will flash. The ELV LED will also flicker if the CA762 IP2X detects a power supply fault. This warning alarm is part of the Chauvin Arnoux CA762 IP2X Voltage Absence Tester’s integrated redundant safety system.
In the event that voltage is not detected the Chauvin Arnoux CA762 IP2X Voltage Absence Tester will automatically perform a continuity test at 100Ω. Should the instrument detect continuity with this check it will issue an audible and visual alarm. Furthermore, unlike its sister product, the Chauvin Arnoux CA742 IP2X Voltage Absence Tester, this tester is able to perform extended continuity tests at 2kΩ, 60kΩ and 300kΩ. When performing these extended checks, if continuity is detected the instrument will indicate this using a visual signal.
As well as performing automatic continuity tests, the Chauvin Arnoux CA762 IP2X Voltage Absence Tester also includes an autotest feature. This sequence of tests will check the electrical circuit, power supply, display and the condition of measurement leads.
The Chauvin Arnoux CA762 IP2X Voltage Absence Tester is also capable of performing single-pole phase tests and phase sequence testing up to 400Hz. This instrument is capable of performing two-pole, 2-wire phase rotation with a microprocessor which is particularly useful when checking circuits isolated by an isolating transformer.
In addition to this, the Chauvin Arnoux CA762 IP2X Voltage Absence Tester may be used in conjunction with Chauvin Arnoux’s CA753 Adapter (NOT included) in order to test 2P+E sockets. This is a testament to the Chauvin Arnoux CA762 IP2X Voltage Absence Tester’s versatility and adaptability.
Adding to the voltage tester's versatility and adaptability is its removable test probes and leads which can be stored in the integrated test probe storage compartment. Furthermore, the included IP2X test probes feature a 10N spring ensuring that the instrument can perform tests quickly and safely in all situations.
Finally, its IP65 casing ensures that this instrument can be used in a variety of rugged environments. The Chauvin Arnoux CA762 IP2X Voltage Absence Tester is a rugged, reliable and versatile instrument, a practical addition to any electrician’s toolkit.
Chauvin Arnoux CA762 IP2X Voltage Absence Tester Key Features
- Ideal for electricians
- Check 600V CAT IV electrical installations for the presence of voltage
- Suitable for use inside and outside
- Detect up to 690V AC
- Detect up to 750V DC
- Automatically detects the type of voltage (AC/DC)
- Indicates polarity
- High voltage = red LEDs
- Low voltage below 25V = green LEDs
- Hazardous voltages indicated by flashing ELV LED
- The more frequently the ELV LED flashes the higher the voltage
- ELV LED also flashes if a power supply fault is detected
- Integrated redundant safety system
- If a voltage is not detected the tester will automatically run a continuity test at 100Ω
- Audible and visual continuity alarm
- Extended continuity tests at 2kΩ, 60kΩ and 300kΩ
- Extended continuity test includes a visual continuity alarm
- Autotest function
- Autotest checks electrical circuit, power supply, display and condition of electrical leads
- Single-pole phase tests
- Phase sequence testing up to 400Hz
- Two-pole, two-wire phase rotation with a microprocessor for checking circuits isolated by an isolating transformer
- Use with Chauvin Arnoux’s CA753 Adapter (NOT included) to check 2P+E sockets
- Removable test probe and lead
- Test probes can be stored in the integrated test probe storage compartment
- IP2X probes include a 10N spring for quick and safe testing in any situation
- IEC 61243-3 Edition 2
- EN 61243-3 Ed. 2009
- EN 61243-3 Ed. 2010
- DIN VDE 0682-401 Ed.2011
- Chauvin Arnoux CA742 IP2X Voltage Absence Tester
- 1x Black Probe Holder 1.10m Lead
- 1x Set of Removable IP2X Ø 4mm Test Probes (1 Black and 1 Red)
- 1x Wrist Strap
- 2x 1.5V LR03/AAA Batteries
- 1x User Manual in 5 Languages
Chauvin Arnoux CA762 IP2X Voltage Absence Tester Technical Specifications
The Chauvin Arnoux CA762 IP2X Voltage Absence Tester is part of a Chauvin Arnoux's Series of CA7X2 Voltage Absence Tester. The table below outlines the technical specifications for all the models included in this range.
|Technical Specification||C.A 742 / C.A 742 IP2X||C.A 762 / C.A 762 IP2X|
|Voltage||12 V ≤ U ≤ 690 VAC – 12 V ≤ U ≤ 750 VDC|
|Frequency||DC, 16 2/3 Hz to 800 Hz|
|Input impedance||> 300 kΩ||> 400 kΩ|
|Max. peak current||3.5 mARMS|
|Hazardous voltage indication||The red ELV (Extra Low Voltage) LED indicates that the voltage is higher than the SELV (Safety Extra Low Voltage) and the faster it flashes, the higher the voltage present|
|Phase / Neutral identification||Above a typical value of 120 V* (45 - 65 Hz) – Above 400 V (162/3 Hz - 45 Hz)|
|Continuity with buzzer|
|Trigger threshold||100 Ω typical (150 Ω max.)|
|Extended continuity test||-||2 kΩ, 60 kΩ, 300 kΩ|
|Test current||≤ 1 mA|
|Open-circuit voltage||≤ 3.3 V|
|Protection||up to 1,000 V|
|Phase rotation||No||2-wire method|
|Ph/Ph voltage||-||50 V ≤ U ≤ 690 VAC|
|Frequency||-||45 Hz to 400 Hz|
|Buzzer||Intermittent beep for voltage detection and continuous beep for continuity|
|Standards and electrical safety||IEC 61010 600 V CAT IV|
|IEC 61243-3 concerning Voltage Detectors/ Voltage Absence Testers (VATs) (DDT/VAT)|
|IEC 61326-1, emission and immunity in industrial environments|
|Enclosure protection||Casing: IP65 – Test probes (depending on reference and option): IP2X|
|Climatic conditions||Use from -15 °C to +45 °C / 20 %RH to 95 %RH|
|Power supply||2 x 1.5 V (AAA and LR3)|
|Battery life||7,500 x 10 s measurements||7,000 x 10 s measurements|
|Dimensions /weight||163 x 64 x 40 mm / 210 g|
|Notes||* with standard individual protective equipment