The Chauvin Arnoux CA771 Voltage Absence Tester is ideal for investigating as to whether a voltage is present in CAT IV 1000V electrical installations. This instrument is able to detect AC voltages between 12V and 1000V and DC voltages between 12V and 1400V. It can identify stray voltages and conduct unipolar phase detection.
The Chauvin Arnoux CA771 Voltage Absence Tester will indicate the level of voltage detected using an LED display. If hazardous voltage levels are measured (exceeding 50V AC or 120V DC) the integrated redundant safety system will indicate this via a flashing 'ELV' LED. The faster this light flashes the higher and therefore more hazardous the level of voltage detected. The redundant safety system will also become active if the tester discovers a fault with the power supply; again it will indicate this fault by flashing the ELV LED.
As well as an integrated redundant safety system, the Chauvin Arnoux CA771 Voltage Absence Tester also includes a built-in autotest. This feature runs a sequence of tests which check electrical circuits, power supplies, displays and the condition of measurement leads.
In addition to the aforementioned detection capabilities, this voltage absence tester can conduct continuity tests at 100Ω. If the instrument detects a current it will issue an audible and visual alarm. Furthermore, this instrument is also capable of performing extended continuity tests at 2kΩ, 60kΩ and 300kΩ and will communicate the resistance value via one of the three continuity threshold LEDs.
The Chauvin Arnoux CA771 Voltage Absence Tester can also be used to measure 2-wire phase rotation using a microprocessor and can conduct RCD trip tests using a double control system.
This versatile instrument may also be adapted to test European and Schuko 2P+E power sockets when it is used in conjunction with Chauvin Arnoux’s CA753 Adapter. Its adaptability extends to its physical design as this voltage tester also includes removable test probes and leads and an integrated torch.
As well as being adaptable, the Chauvin Arnoux CA771 Voltage Absence Tester is also resilient. It includes a robust, IP65 casing and double-moulded test probes which are easy to handle and protect the instrument and user against electric shocks. Its type-S extended climatic class facilitates the user’s ability to operate this voltage absence tester in extreme environments as it will remain functional between -30°C and +60°C. This combination of robust features makes the Chauvin Arnoux CA771 Voltage Absence Tester suitable for inspecting refrigerated installations; installations in greenhouses; installations at altitude and underground, and can be used when servicing vehicles. Its extensive battery life (5000 x 10s measurements) ensures that the instrument remains operable for prolonged periods.
The Chauvin Arnoux CA771 Voltage Absence Tester is a versatile, ergonomic and resilient instrument, ideal for performing a multitude of detection measurements in an array of challenging environments.
Chauvin Arnoux CA771 Voltage Absence Tester Key Features
- Detects the presence of voltages in CAT IV 1000V electrical systems
- AC Voltage detection range: 12V to 1000V
- DC Voltage detection range: 12V to 1400V
- Identifies stray voltages
- Unipolar phase detection
- LED display
- ELV LED will flash if hazardous voltage levels are detected (above 50V AC and 120V DC)
- ELV LED is part of the integrated redundant safety system
- The faster the ELV LED flashes the higher the voltage
- ELV LED will also flash if a power supply fault is detected
- Autotest features
- Autotest checks: electrical circuits, power supply, display and the condition of measurement leads
- Continuity tests at 100Ω with audible and visual indication
- Extended continuity tests at 2kΩ, 60kΩ and 300kΩ with LED alert
- 2-wire phase rotation with microprocessor
- Double control system for RCD trip tests
- Use with Chauvin Arnoux CA753 Adapter to test European and Schuko 2P+E power sockets
- Removable test probe and leads
- Integrated torch
- Robust, IP65 casing
- Double moulded test probes protect against electric shock
- Type-S extended climatic class means the instrument remains functional between -30°C and +60°C
- Extensive battery life: 5000 x 10s measurements
- Integrated torch
- EN 61243-3 Ed. 2009
- EN 61243-3 Ed.2010
- IEC 61010
- Chauvin Arnoux CA771 Voltage Absence Tester
- 2x 1.5V LR06/ AA Batteries
- 1x Set of Removable Test Probes Ø 2mm with Crystal Safety Cover
- 1x Probe-tip Protection
- 1x Velcro Strap
- 1x Operating Manual in Five Languages
Chauvin Arnoux CA771 Voltage Absence Tester Technical Specifications
The Chauvin Arnoux CA771 Voltage Absence Tester has a sister product, the Chauvin Arnoux CA773 Voltage Absence Tester, please find below the technical specifications for both of these models.
|Display||LEDs||LEDs + backlit digital display|
|Voltage absence testing (VAT)|
12 Vac ≤ U ≤ 1,000 Vac
12 Vdc ≤ U ≤ 1,400 Vdc
1.0 V to 299.0 Vac/dc
300 V to 1,000 Vac / 1,400 Vdc
|Frequency||DC, 162/3 to 800 Hz|
|Impedance||> 500 kΩ|
|Max. peak current||3.5 mA RMS|
|Redundant hazardous-voltage indication||The ELV (Extra-Low Voltage) LED indicates that the voltage is higher than the SELV (Safety Extra-Low Voltage) with the rate at which it flashes proportional to the voltage level|
|Stray voltage detection||Yes (by low-impedance load switching)|
|RCD tripping||Yes (by low-impedance load switching) (approx. 30 mA at 230 V)|
Above 50 V (45 - 65 Hz)
Above 150 V (162/3 - 45 Hz)
|Continuity & Resistance|
|Buzzer trigger threshold||100 Ω typical (150 Ω max.)|
|Extended continuity test (resistance)||2 kΩ, 60 kΩ, 300 kΩ||0.5 Ω to 2,999 kΩ|
|Test current / Open-circuit voltage||≤ 1 mA / ≤ 3.3 V|
|Phase rotation||2-wire method with microprocessor|
|Ph/Ph voltage||50 V ≤ U ≤ 1,000 Vac (45 - 400 Hz)|
Intermittent beep for Voltage Detection
Continuous beep for continuity
|Standards and electrical safety||IEC 61243-3:2009, EN 61243-3:2010, IEC 61010 1,000 V CAT IV|
|Climatic conditions||-30 °C to +60 °C (Class S)||-15 °C to +45 °C (Class N)|
|Battery life||> 5,000 x 10 s measurements||> 2,500 x 10 s measurements|
|Dimensions / weight||228 x 60 x 39 mm (without test probes) / 350 g approx.|