RCD Testers (14 Products)
518 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: RCDPRO
- Ensure that common RCD types are compliant with current standards
- Polarity Test Pad: check for dangerous, reversed wiring in sockets
- Includes auto test sequences and a ramp test function
524 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: MEGRCD1
- RCD trip time tests, selective breakers, DC breakers and selective touch volt display inhibit
- IP54 weatherproofing for testing anywhere you need
- Safety interlock, test leads, LED connection indicators, 3-phase safe and testing inhibit
624 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: MEGRCD2
- Suitable for use with a wide range of different RCD types
- Advanced automatic testing and ramp testing procedures
- Built into its own protective carrying case with foldable lid
About RCD Testers
Residual current devices (RCDs) are becoming more and more common as we move towards an electrically safe future. When installed on an electrical system, RCDs are designed to break the circuit quickly whenever current is not balanced, thus ensuring that electricity is regulated and the risk of electrical shocks, fires and other damage is minimised.
Although many RCDs include integrated test buttons, it is common practice for users to use a certified RCD tester in order to evaluate the overall efficiency and the correct installation of a residual current device. Common RCD testers work by inducing various levels of leakage current into the electrical system in a safe manner; this allows the user to evaluate the overall level of when an RCD will 'trip' the circuit, and it also allows them to evaluate the trip time (the time period it takes the RCD to activate).
We stock a wide range of residual current device testers including Megger RCD testers, Amprobe RCD analysers, Metrel combination RCD testers and products from Kewtech and UNI-T as well.