The SDL400 is a downloadable light meter that can be used to carry out measurements of light across a wide range.
This light meter is capable of carrying out measurements of light either as a footcandle or lux reading. The footcandle measurement range of this device is available in three steps of 200, 2000 and 10000FC, while the lux range is also available in three ranges of 2000, 20000 and 100000 Lux. Measurements are carried out at all times with a high degree of accuracy thanks to the devices' precision silicon photo diode and spectral response filters. The main light sensor of the product is attached via a flexible cable so you can get the best possible measurement at all times.
As well as light measurements the SDL400 can also be used as a temperature measurement device by equipping a type K/J thermocouple to the unit. It can measure type K temperature from -148 to 2372°F (-100 to 1300°C) and type J temperature from -148 to 2192°F (-100 to 1200°C).
Although it is ideal for single measurement purposes the SDL400 really excels in applications where multiple tests are needed. This is due to the devices' large memory which stores a massive amount of data on an included 2GB SD Card. If the SD card is not plugged in the SDL400 can also store up to 99 readings on the device.
The SDL400 light meter also includes a selection of advanced functions including adjustable data sampling rate, MIN/MAX, data hold, auto power off and the ability to interface directly with a PC.
Extech SDL400 Light Meter/Datalogger Key Features
- Wide range to 10000FC or 100000 Lux
- Cosine and colour corrected measurements
- Precision silicon photo diode ensures measurement accuracy
- Datalogging system stamps data with time/date and stores readings on SD card in Excel format
- PC interface
- Offset adjustment used for zero function to make relative measurements
- Adjustable data sampling rate between 1 to 3600 seconds
- 99 records can be stored on the device
- Stores up to 20M readings using included 2GB SD card
- Type K/J thermocouple input for measuring temperature
- Large backlit LCD screen
- Record/recall MAX/MIN Values
- Data hold function
- Auto power off (can be disabled)
Full List of Products Included
- Extech SDL400 Light Meter/Datalogger
- 6 x AA Batteries
- 2GB SD Card
- Hard Carrying Case
- Light Sensor with Protective Cover
Extech SDL400 Technical Specifications
|FC Range||200, 2000, 10kFc||0.1Fc||±4%rdg|
|Lux Range||2000, 20k, 100kLux||1Lux||±4%rdg|
|Type K Temperature||-148 to 2372°F (-100 to 1300°C)||0.1°||±(0.4% + 1.8°F/1°C)|
|Type J Temperature||-148 to 2192°F (-100 to 1200°C)||0.1°||±(0.4% + 1.8°F/1°C)|
|Memory||20M data records using 2G SD card|
|Dimensions||7.2 x 2.9 x 1.9" (182 x 73 x 47.5mm)|