The Fluke PRV240FS Proving Unit has been designed to prove the functionality of T6 Electrical Testers and their FieldSense measurement function. It can also be used to test high impedance multimeters and clamp meters.
Maintaining the user’s safety and the T6 Electrical Tester with FieldSense and/or high impedance product’s accuracy of measurement are the main purposes of this proving unit. Designed to perform Test Before Touch (TBT) tests, the user can check his/her T6 Tester, high impedance multimeter and/or clamp meter against a known voltage before and after using these tools to conduct electrical tests. This product is extremely useful if a known voltage source is not available and reduces the need for personal protective equipment (PPE).*
This simple-to-use proving unit operates via a single switch and uses LEDs to indicate the functionality of the tester's FieldSense (no-test-lead) voltage measurement and standard AC/DC (with test lead) voltage measurement.
It sources its AC and DC voltage through a central hub, intended to test the T6 FieldSense open fork, and recessed contacts which are activated when test probes are inserted, providing a steady-state AC/DC voltage supply of up to 240 V.
The Fluke PRV240FS Proving Unit is extremely practical; it includes a TPAK magnetic hanging strap and four AA batteries capable of withstanding 2000 tests before needing to be replaced. This product is a simple, practical solution to complying with TBT verification, reducing the user’s risk of exposure to shock and arc flash.
Fluke PRV240FS Proving Unit Key Features
- Designed to perform TBT (Test Before Touch) tests on Fluke’s T6 Electrical Testers, FieldSense measurement functions, and other high impedance products, including multimeters and clamp meters
- Provides a known voltage against which the user can test his/her product before and after use
- Reduces the need for PPE (personal protective equipment)*
- Simple-to-use, single switch operation
- LEDs indicate the functionality of Fluke T6 Electrical Tester's test lead measurement of AC and DC voltage, as well as the FieldSense no-test-lead AC voltage measurement function
- Sources AC and DC voltage through a central hub and recessed contacts activated via the insertion of test probes
- Provides a steady-state AC/DC voltage up to 240V
- Comes with a TPAK magnetic hanging strap
- Long battery life – 4 AA batteries capable of withstanding 2000 tests (10-second test average) before needing to be replaced
- Reduces the risk of exposure to shock and arc flash
- Fluke PRV240FS Proving Unit
- TPAK Magnetic Hanging Strap
- 4 X AA Batteries
- 1 Year Warranty From Fluke
Fluke PRV240FS Proving Unit Technical Specifications
|Output Voltage||240 V AC RMS or DC ± 10 % ≥ 1 MΩ|
|LED Power Indicators||Turns on when output voltage is present|
|Battery||4 x AA Alkaline batteries NEDA 15 A IEC LR6|
|Battery Life||2000 (10-second duration) test cycles with >1 MΩ load|
|Operating Temperature||-10 °C to +50 °C|
|Operating Humidity||0 % to 90 % (0 °C to 35 °C) 0 % to 70 % (35 °C to 55 °C)|
|Dimensions||11.7 cm x 7.4 cm x 4.5 cm (4.6 in x 2.9 in x 1.75 in)|
|Weight||0. 32 kg (12 oz) includes batteries|
|Warranty||1 Year From Fluke|
|Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)||
IEC 61326-1: Controlled Electromagnetic Environment
US (FCC) 47 CFR 15 subpart B, this product is considered an exempt device per clause 15.103
Korea (KCC) Class A Equipment (Industrial Broadcasting & Communication Equipment); Class A: Equipment meets requirements for industrial electromagnetic wave equipment and the seller or user should take notice of it. This equipment is intended for use in business environments and not to be used in homes.
This product meets requirements for industrial (Class A) electromagnetic wave equipment and the seller or user should take notice of it. This equipment is intended for use in business environments and not to be used in homes.
|Manufacturer Part Code||4910310|
|Country of Origin||Taiwan|