Note: there are seven versions of this product available. Using the table below for reference, choose the version you'd like using the drop-down box above.
Kern Precision Balance Product Finder
Struggling to find exactly which balance you want?
To make things easier, we've made a quick finder for Kern's precision balance range! Just click the link below and take a look.
Kern PCD Balance Description
Kern's PCD is a precise, compact and portable balance with a removable display for extra flexibility.
With the flexible display of this unit, it's possible to use the PCD for applications such as measuring toxic, volatile or contaminated substances where the platform is placed inside a glove bag or fume cupboard. The user can then get readings safely from a distance by holding the display unit.
This balance includes a number of different functions, including a PRE-TARE function that calculates and subtracts the known weight of a container (ideal for checking fill levels), a programmable user interface and a dedicated recipe function which allows a container plus all of its ingredients to be measured individually before a net total is created.
Kern PCD Precision Balance Key Features
- Laboratory balance with a separate platform - suitable for measuring in a glove bag, fume cupboard or other applications
- PRE-TARE function for manual subtraction of a known container weight
- Freely programmable weighing unit - display in special units such as length of thread, paper weight etc
- Level indicator and levelling feet ensure that the balance is as level as possible at all times
- Backlit LCD display with digit height of 21mm
- Auto-off function turns off the unit to conserve battery life
- Calibration possible using external reference weights (sold separately)
- RS232 interface for connection to compatible Kern printers or an ethernet network
- Piece counting system
- Recipe measuring function - calculates the weight of a container plus individual ingredients
- Percentage deviation function - calculates how far a value deviates from a targeted value of 100%
- Unit switching
- Vibration-free weighing - automatically filters out vibrations to ensure a stable reading
Depending on the model purchased, the weighing plate supplied with the product changes. The following options are possible.
- A - Plastic with conductive lacquer. Measures ø105mm (circular)
- B - Stainless steel. Measures 160 x 160mm (square)
This table outlines the difference between each model in this series.
|Model Code||Model Name||Weighing Range
|Weighing Plate||Quality Code|
|PCD 250-3||Kern PCD 250-3 Precision Balance with Removable Display||250||0.001||0.002||±0.005||A||AA|
|PCD 300-3||Kern PCD 300-3 Precision Balance with Removable Display||350||0.001||0.002||±0.005||A||AA|
|PCD 2500-2||Kern PCD 2500-2 Precision Balance with Removable Display||2500||0.01||0.02||±0.05||B||BA|
|PCD 3000-2||Kern PCD 3000-2 Precision Balance with Removable Display||3500||0.01||0.02||±0.05||B||BA|
|PCD 6K-4||Kern PCD 6K-4 Precision Balance with Removable Display||6000||0.1||0.1||±0.3||B||BA|
|PCD 10K0.1||Kern PCD 10K0.1 Precision Balance with Removable Display||10000||0.1||0.1||±0.3||B||BA|
|PCD 10K-3||Kern PCD 10K-3 Precision Balance with Removable Display||10000||1||1||±3||B||BA|
- Your Choice of Kern PCD Precision Balance with Removable Display
- Protective Working Cover
- Universal Mains Adapter
Please note that models with weighing plate A are also supplied with a draught shield. Models with weighing plate B are NOT supplied with a draught shield.
There are a number of accessories available for the Kern PCD Precision Balance with Removable Display, including Kern DAkkS Calibrations. For an overview of the accessories available please see the table below; for further information or to add an item listed below to an order, please contact our sales team PRIOR to purchase.
|Product Code||Product Name|
|963-127||Kern DAkkS Calibration for models PCD 250-3, PCD 300-3, PCD 2500-2 and PCD 3000-2 (MUST BE ORDERED AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE)|
|963-128||Kern DAkkS Calibration for models PCD 6K-4, PCD 10K0.1 and PCD 10K-3 (MUST BE ORDERED AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE)|
|PCD-A05S05||Kern Protective Working Cover for the Display Unit|
|PCD-A03||Kern Stand for PCD Balances|
|YKF-01||Kern Foot Switch|
|PCD-A04||Kern Internal Rechargeable Battery Pack for PCD (MUST BE ORDERED AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE)|
|911-013-010||Kern Paper Rolls for Kern's 911-013 Needle Printer|
|911-013||Kern Matrix Needle Printer|
|YKB-01N||Kern Thermal Printer|
|YKB-A10||Kern Thermal Receipt Rolls for Kern's YKB-01N Thermal Printer|
|YKS-01||Kern Statistics Printer|
|572-926||Kern RS-232 Interface Cable|
|YKI-01||Kern RS-232/ Ethernet Adapter|
|YKI-02||Kern RS-232/ Bluetooth Adapter|
|YKI-03||Kern RS-232/ Wi-Fi Adapter|
Country of Origin: Germany
Files & Downloads:
- Kern PCD Precision Balances with Removable Displays - Declaration of Conformity
- Kern PCD Precision Balances with Removable Displays - Datasheet
- Kern PCD 10K-3 Precision Balnce with Removable Display - Technical Specifications
- Kern PCD 10K0.1 Precision Balnce with Removable Display - Technical Specifications
- Kern PCD Precision Balances with Removable Displays - User Manual
- Kern PCD 6K-4 Precision Balnce with Removable Display - Technical Specifications
- Kern PCD 3000-2 Precision Balnce with Removable Display - Technical Specifications
- Kern PCD 2500-2 Precision Balnce with Removable Display - Technical Specifications
- Kern PCD 250-3 Precision Balnce with Removable Display - Technical Specifications
- Kern PCD 300-3 Precision Balnce with Removable Display - Technical Specifications
Kern PCD Precision Balance with Removable Display Technical Specifications
Please find above a selection of PDF documents detailing the technical specifications for the Kern PCD Precision Balances.