The Megger MPU690 Proving Unit is a portable battery operated unit capable of verifying the correct functionality of a voltage tester.
The Megger MPU690 Proving Unit generates five stepped nominal output voltages from 50 to 690 volts.
When the Megger MPU690 Proving Unit is turned on it first generates 690 volts, then slowly goes down through each voltage step until the device turns off.
Each of these voltage steps are indicated by an LED and a low battery indication LED gives ample warning when it’s time to replace batteries.
The Megger MPU690 Proving Unit features an automatic power on function when probes are inserted into the output terminals, generating a 50Hz output which will simulate the AC mains supply.
There is also an automatic power off function featured on the Megger MPU690 Proving Unit for conservation of batteries.
The Megger MPU690 Proving Unit is able to establish the correct operation of voltage indicators through use of the output power rating and spacing of the output terminals.
Megger MPU690 Proving Unit Key Features:
- 5 stepped nominal output voltages
- Automatic operation
- High output power suitable for test lamps
- Extended battery life
- Magnetic base
- Rugged Megger MPU690 carry case
Megger MPU690 Proving Unit Technical Specifications:
- Output voltage: 50 - 690 volts in five stages: 50 V, 100 V, 230 V, 400, 690 V
- Power output: 10W max.
- Power On / Off: Automatic on when probes are inserted into output terminals / auto off
- Indicators: 5 LEDs for output voltages plus power LED
- Power supply: 6 x AA / LR06 alkaline batteries
Megger MPU690 Proving Unit Environmental Specifications:
- Operating temperature: -10°C - +40°C
- Humidity: 70% Rh
- Dimensions: 130 mm (W) x 68 mm (H) x 48 mm (D)
- Weight: 346 g
*Please note that the picture may show a 2 pole tester which is NOT included and only shown for illustration purposes.