The Socket & See VIP ESI 2-Pole Voltage Indicator is able to detect and indicate voltages between 50 and 400V AC. It features an LED scale with indications for 50V, 110V, 230V and 400V. However, the Socket & See VIP ESI 2-Pole Voltage Indicator is able to withstand voltages as high as 600V.
The Socket & See VIP ESI 2-Pole Voltage Indicator can be used to verify and troubleshoot circuits and electrical installations. Engineers and electricians are able to detect dead short connections, as well as verify correct installations and connections, allowing him/her to ascertain whether the system-under-investigation is safe prior to commencing any further work.
In order to determine the presence or absence of dead short connections, the Socket & See VIP ESI 2-Pole Voltage Indicator can be used to perform physical impedance checks. If an impedance of less than 100Ω is detected a red LoZ LED will illuminate indicating that the circuit is unsafe and further investigation is required. High impedance (in excess of 100Ω) is indicated by a green HiZ LED.
Further to this, the Socket & See VIP ESI 2-Pole Voltage Indicator will automatically perform tests for ghost / induced voltages without requiring the user to depress buttons in order to vary the load applied to the circuit.
The Socket & See VIP ESI 2-Pole Voltage Indicator has been optimised for safety and to this end includes a secondary base display, allowing the user to conduct measurements at an arm’s length. Further to this, the voltage indicator includes straight and right-angled GS38-compliant test probes, again adding to this instrument’s safety and practicality, as well as expanding its scope-for-use.
The battery-less, button-less operation of the Socket & See VIP ESI 2-Pole Voltage Indicator also adds to its reliability and practicality.
The Socket & See VIP ESI 2-Pole Voltage Indicator is an easy-to-use, clear and effective voltage detector, ideal for verifying and troubleshooting electrical circuits and systems.
Socket & See VIP ESI 2-Pole Voltage Indicator Key Features
- Detect and indicate voltages between 50 and 400V
- LED scale with indications for 50V, 110V, 230V and 400V
- Able to withstand up to 600V
- Verify and troubleshoot electrical installations and circuits
- Detect dead shorts
- Verify correct installation and connection
- Determine whether the circuit is safe prior to commencing any further work
- Perform physical impedance tests to determine a high or low impedance
- A low impedance of less than 100Ω is indicated by a red LoZ LED
- High impedance in excess of 100Ω is indicated by a green HiZ LED
- Automatically performs tests for ghost/ induced voltages
- The user does not need to depress any buttons to perform ghost/ induced voltage tests
- Secondary base display
- Perform measurements at an arm’s length
- Includes straight and right-angled GS38-compliant test probes
- Battery-less, button-less operation
- An easy-to-use, clear and effective voltage detector
- Ideal for verifying and troubleshooting electrical circuits and systems
- Socket & See VIP ESI 2-Pole Voltage Indicator
Socket & See VIP ESI 2-Pole Voltage Indicator Technical Specifications
|Operating Voltage Range||50 – 600V AC|
|LED Indication||50 – 110 – 230 – 400V LED Illuminates at nominal value – 15%|
|Operating Conditions||-10 to +55°C at 85% RH Altitude up to 2000m|
|Overvoltage Category||CAT IV 600V|
|Operating Current||< 3.5mA|
|Operating Duty Cycle||30s on, 240s off|
|Impedance Measurement||HiZ threshold 100Ω Circuit loading meets the requirement of BS EN 61010-1:2010|
|Safety Compliance||BS EN 61010-2-030:2010|
|EMC Compliance||BS EN 61326-2-2:2013|
|Main unit: straight or right-angle interchangeable|
|Dimensions||320H x 75W x 35D (mm)|
|Interconnecting Cable||1.3m Silicone rubber, double insulated, wear indicating, 690V continual rating tested to 6.5 kV|