The Aim-TTi EX354RT Digital Bench Power Supply is a triple-output, benchtop, laboratory PSU capable of providing a maximum power output of 305W. It includes two four-digit meters and switchable remote sensing.
Two of the Aim-TTi EX354RT Digital Bench Power Supply’s outputs have a voltage output range of 0 to 35V and a current output range of 0 to 4A. The third auxiliary output is fully variable between 1.5V and 5.0V but has a fixed 5A current limit. The third output’s set voltage can be measured at the press of a button; the value is displayed on the Aim-TTi EX354RT Digital Bench Power Supply’s digital meters.
All of the Aim-TTi EX354RT Digital Bench Power Supply’s are short-circuit-proof and protected against external voltages and reverse currents.
Furthermore, the output terminals are designed to accept fork connectors, bare wires and 4mm safety plugs with rigid insulating sleeves. This ensures compliance with the safety regulations of most laboratories whilst maintaining maximum flexibility.
Each of the Aim-TTi EX354RT Digital Bench Power Supply’s main outputs has a dedicated four-digit voltage and current meter. These large, bright meters display data to a fixed resolution (10mV and 1mA) thereby improving precision and preventing misinterpretation of results.
Constant Voltage or Constant Current Modes
The main outputs can be set to operate in either Constant Current or Constant Voltage mode with automatic crossover and mode indication.
Furthermore, both of the main channels are equipped with coarse and fine voltage controls enabling voltage levels to be set accurately, easily and quickly. Additionally, the Aim-TTi EX354RT Digital Bench Power Supply includes a logarithmic current control for both outputs enabling low currents to be configured accurately.
DC On/Off Switches
Each of the Aim-TTi EX354RT Digital Bench Power Supply’s includes a DC On/Off switch. These switches allow the user to view the output’s voltage and current settings prior to connecting a load.
Additionally, to maintain precise regulation at the load and true metering of the load voltage, each of the Aim-TTi EX354RT Digital Bench Power Supply’s outputs includes remote sensing terminals. A dedicated switch allows the remote sense terminals to be activated and deactivated as required: when the switch is set to Local the remote sense terminals are deactivated.
Similarly, to ensure excellent line and load regulation, low noise and good transient response, the Aim-TTi EX354RT Digital Bench Power Supply includes Mixed-Mode Regulation which combines high-frequency, switch-mode regulation with linear post-regulation. Mixed-Mode Regulation ensures that the Aim-TTi EX354RT Digital Bench Power Supply is able to offer performance close to that of a PSU with an all-linear design.
Finally, the Aim-TTi EX354RT Digital Bench Power Supply does not emit any fan noise as it utilises convection cooling.
The Aim-TTi EX354RT Digital Bench Power Supply is a precise, reliable and simple-to-use triple-output PSU.
Aim-TTi EX354RT Digital Bench Power Supply Key Features
- Triple-output, benchtop, laboratory PSU
- Maximum power output: 305W
- Two four-digit meters
- Switchable remote sensing
- Two main outputs
- Main outputs have a voltage range of 0 to 35V
- Main outputs have a current range of 0 to 4A
- Third auxiliary output
- The auxiliary output is fully variable between 1.5V and 5.0V and has a fixed current of 5A
- The auxiliary output’s set voltage can be measured at the press of a button; the measurement is displayed on the digital meters
- Outputs are short-circuit-proof and protected against external voltages and reverse currents
- Output terminals can accept fork connectors, bare wires and 4mm safety plugs with rigid insulating sleeves
- Each main output has a dedicated four-digit voltage and current meter
- The large, bright meters display data to a fixed resolution (10mV or 1mA)
- Fixed resolution improves precision and prevents misinterpretation
- Constant Voltage and Constant Current modes with automatic crossover and mode indication
- Coarse and fine analogue voltage controls for each channel
- Logarithmic current control for each channel
- Logarithmic current control allows low currents to be set precisely
- DC On/Off switch for each channel
- DC On/Off switch: view the output’s voltage and current settings prior to connecting a load
- Remote sense terminals maintain precise regulation at the load and true metering of the load voltage
- Dedicated switch for activating and deactivating the remote sense terminals as required
- Mixed-Mode Regulation ensures excellent line and load regulation, low noise and good transient response
- Mixed-Mode Regulation provides performance close to that of a PSU with an all-linear design
- Mixed-Mode Regulation combines high-frequency, switch-mode regulation with linear post-regulation
- Convection cooling – no fan noise
- A precise, reliable and simple-to-use triple-output PSU
- Aim-TTi EX354RD Digital Bench Power Supply – 305W, 3 Outputs
Aim-TTi EX-R Digital Bench Power Supplies Technical Specifications
|EX-R Model Range|
|Voltage/Current Levels||EX355R||0 to >35V; 0 to >5A||(175W nominal power)|
|EX1810R||0 to >18V; 0 to >10A||(180W nominal power)|
|EX2020R||0 to >20V; 0 to >20A||(400W nominal power)|
|EX4210R||0 to >42V; 0 to >10A||(420W nominal power)|
|EX354RD||2 x (0 to >35V; 0 to >4A)||(280W nominal power|
|EX354RT||2 x (0 to >35V; 0 to >4A) plus <1.5 to >5.0V @ 5A||(305W nominal power|
|Output Setting & Control||Voltage Setting||By coarse and fine controls.|
|Current Setting||By single logarithmic control|
|Output Mode||Constant voltage or constant current with automatic cross-over.
CC indicator lit in constant current mode.
|Output Switch||Electronic, non-isolating. Preset voltage and current limit displayed when Output is off. On state indicated by LED.|
|Output Performance||Ripple & Noise||Typically <2mV rms, <10mV pk-pk (EX355R, EX354RD, EX354RT)|
|Typically <2mV rms, <20mV pk-pk (EX1810R, EX2020R, EX4210R) (CV mode, 20MHz bandwidth)|
|Load Regualtion||<0·01% of maximum output for a 90% load change (using remote sense).|
|Line Regulation||<0·01% of maximum output for 10% line change|
|Transient Response||<200µs to within 50mV of setting for a 5% to 95% load change.|
|Temp. Coefficient||Voltage: typically <100ppm /°C.|
|Output Protection||Outputs will withstand forward voltages up to 40V (EX355R, EX354RD,
& EX354RT); 22V (EX1810R); 25V (EX2020R); 48V (EX4210R).
Reverse protection by diode clamp for currents to 3A.
|Output Connections||Output Terminals||Universal 4mm safety binding posts on 19mm (0·75”) spacing|
|Note||Terminals can accept fixed shroud 4mm plugs, standard 4mm plugs, fork terminals and bare wires|
|Remote Sense||Sense Selection||Voltage sensing is selected as Local or Remote by front panel switch.|
|Sense Terminals||Sprung loaded screw-less terminals|
|Display Type||Dual 4-digit meters, 14mm (0·56”) LED|
|Accuracy||0·3% of reading ± 3 digits|
|Current Meter (EX355R, EX354RD, EX354RT)||Resolution||1mA|
|Accuracy||0·5% of reading ± 3 digits|
|Current Meter (EX1810R, EX2020R, EX4210R)||Resolution||10mA|
|Accuracy||0·6% of reading ± 3 digits|
|Auxiliary Output (EX354RT only)|
|Voltage||Variable <1.5V to >5V by front panel control.|
|Meter accuracy||0.3% ± 4 digits.|
|Current limit||5A minimum|
|Load regulation||<0.5% for 90% load change.|
|Line regulation||<0.1% for 10% line voltage change|
|Ripple & Noise||Typically <2mVrms, <10mVpk-pk (20MHz bandwidth)|
|Output Protection||Output will withstand up to 7V forward voltage.
Diode clamp reverse protection for currents up to 3A
|Output Terminals||Universal 4mm safety binding posts on 19mm (0·75”) spacing|
|Status Indication||UNREG lamp|
|Input||AC Input||EX354RD, EX354RT - 110V to 240V 50/60Hz (universal input);
Other Models - 230V AC ± 10% 50/60Hz; 115V to order.
Installation Category II
EX810R, EX355R - 400VA; EX354RD, EX354RT - 500VA
EX2020R, EX4210R - 800VA
|Temperature & Environmental||Operating Range||+5ºC to +40ºC, 20% to 80% RH|
|Storage Range||-40ºC to + 70ºC|
|Environmental||Indoor use at altitudes up to 2000m, Pollution Degree 2|
|Cooling||EX1810R, EX355R, EX354RD, EX354RT - fan-less convection cooling;
EX2020R, EX4210R - fan assisted using low-noise brushless dc fan.
|Safety & EMC||Safety||Complies with EN61010-1|
|EMC||Complies with EN61326|
|Physical||Size||Single output models - 140x160x320 mm (WxHxD).
Dual and triple output models - 260x160x320 mm (WxHxD)
|Weight||EX810R, EX355R - 3.0kg; EX2020R, EX4210R - 3.6kg
EX354RD, EX354RT - 4.3kg
|Manufacturer Part Code||51153-7800|