The Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply is a dual-output, laboratory DC PSU suitable for benchtop, system and rack-mounted applications. It has a maximum power output of 600W per channel and a total power output of 1200W. The Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply is designed to provide maximum flexibility and supports digital bus interfaces for remote control.
Dual Independent or Tracking Outputs
The Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply’s outputs are independent. Each one has a maximum power output of 600W and can support voltage outputs up to 80V and current outputs up to 50A within this power envelope.
When the outputs are wired in series or parallel, the Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply can output up to 160V or 100A within the total power envelope of 1200W. The Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply features a selection of isolated tracking modes, including one designed for use during series and parallel operation; this mode will provide metering of the total voltage or total current.
Independent or Simultaneous Output Control
Both of the Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply’s outputs include an On/Off switch allowing them to be activated and deactivated individually. Additionally, the Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply features Both On and Both Off buttons for engaging and disengaging the channels simultaneously. This is useful when working on circuits that may be damaged if only one voltage rail is present.
The Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply’s PowerFlex+ design equips it with maximum flexibility as it allows the user to choose from more voltage and current combinations. It also enables higher currents to be generated at lower voltages within the overall power limit envelope: each of the Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply’s channels can provide six times the current of a conventional PSU.
Additionally, PowerFlex+ utilises a multi-phase converter system to minimise ripple and improve dynamic performance.
Numeric or Rotary Entry
Voltage and current levels for each of the Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply’s channels can be programmed numerically using the keypad. Alternatively, the jog wheel can be used to set the voltage and current levels at selectable increments. The Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply has a high setting resolution of 1mV.
Memory Setting Stores
Voltage and current settings can be saved to the Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply’s non-volatile stores, enabling rapid recall. This is particularly useful for repetitive testing. Each of Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply’s outputs is equipped with a separate memory store.
Each of the Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply’s outputs is equipped with its own high-resolution, graphic LCD which can be programmed to display numbers and text in a range of sizes. When in Standard Display mode, the voltage and current are displayed in large characters and are accompanied by text annotations such as ‘CV mode’ and ‘Output On’.
During setting alteration, the Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply will display the existing and new settings, or the actual and limit values in parallel. Furthermore, when configuring the complex functions, the Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply provides text prompts or complete selection menus.
OVP and OCP Trips
When over-voltage and over-current trips are triggered, the cause is indicated on the Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply’s display. The Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply’s OCP and OVP trips can be activated by other fault conditions such as temperature and remote sense mis-wiring.
When triggered the OVP and OCP trips will shut off the output and provide a different level of protection.
In addition to indicating the voltage and current, the outputs' displays can be programmed to show the total power provided to the load (V x A). The Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply will display power to a resolution of 0.1W.
Low Resistance Calculation
Alternatively, the outputs' displays can be programmed to indicate the equivalent resistance of the load (V/A).
The Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply’s Low Resistance Calculation function enables low resistance measurements to be made at high currents by using the remote sense terminals as a four-terminal connection. This method provides reliable results for components that operate at ampere levels, such as magnets.
Current Meter Averaging
The Current Meter Averaging function stabilises the Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply’s display by showing the average reading calculated from the last four measurements. This works to reduce the speed and degree of variation and is particularly useful when measuring rapidly changing loads.
Housed in a 350mm (13 ¾”) wide, 3U-high case, the Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply is suitable for both benchtop and rack-mounted applications. An OPTIONAL rack mounting kit is available, please call for details.
In addition to this, the Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply’s remote sense terminals, analogue, logic and bus interface connectors are located on the front and rear of the unit.
Analogue and Logic Interfaces
The Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply’s outputs feature analogue interfaces for voltage control of both output voltage and output current (non-isolated, one for each output). Control voltages are digitised and scaling can be selected as 0 to 5V or 0 to 10V for zero to full scale.
Similarly, the Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply’s monitor output for voltage and current can be selected as 0 to 5V or 0 to 10V.
The Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply also features an opto-isolated logic control signal for control of output on/off. It can be programmed as true = output on or true = output off. Additionally, the opto-isolated open-collector logic output signal can be set as true or false for output enabled or disabled, current limit, power limit or any fault trip.
Comprehensive Bus Remote Control
The Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply supports RS-232, USB, GPIB and LAN (Ethernet) with LXI enabling remote operation. All these digital bus interfaces are at ground potential and are opto-isolated from output terminals. They provide full control of voltage, current, output on/off and set-up; the digital bus interfaces also facilitate read-back of voltage, current and status.
The Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply includes an IVI driver for Windows which provides support for high-level applications such as LabView, LabWindows and HP/ Agilent VEE.
The Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply is a flexible, comprehensive and easy-to-use DC PSU.
Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply Key Features
- A dual-output, laboratory DC PSU suitable for benchtop, system and rack-mounted applications
- Maximum power output per channel: 600W
- Total maximum power output: 1200W
- Provides maximum flexibility
- Supports digital bus interfaces to enable remote control
- Maximum voltage output per channel: 80V
- Maximum current output per channel: 100A
- Wire in series or parallel to increase voltage and current outputs to up to 160V and 100A
- Selection of isolated tracking modes
- Parallel/ series tracking mode provides metering of the total voltage or total current
- Independent On/Off switch per channel
- Both On and Both Off buttons activates and deactivates channels simultaneously
- PowerFlex+ design for maximum flexibility
- Wide range of voltage and current combinations
- Higher currents can be generated at lower voltages
- Can provide six times the current of conventional PSUs
- Multi-phase converter system minimises ripple and improves dynamic performance
- Numeric keypad for setting voltage and current levels
- Jog wheel with selectable increments for setting voltage and current levels
- High setting resolution: 1mV
- Non-volatile stores for saving voltage and current settings
- Rapid recall of settings for repetitive testing
- Each output is equipped with a separate memory store
- High-resolution, graphic LCD
- Can display numbers and text in a range of sizes
- Standard Display mode: voltage and current are displayed in large characters with text annotations such as ‘CV mode’ and ‘Output On’
- Dual-parameter display when altering settings
- The triggering cause of OVP and OCP trips is indicated on the display
- Variable OVP and OCP trips can be triggered by other fault conditions including temperature and remote sense mis-wiring
- OVP and OCP trips will shut off the output and provide a different level of protection
- Power Calculation: shows the total power provided to the load (V x A) to a resolution of 0.1W
- Low Resistance Calculation: displays the equivalent resistance of the load (V/A)
- Low resistance measurements can be made at high currents
- Remote sense terminals are used as a four-terminal connection during resistance measurements
- Reliable resistance results for components that operate at ampere levels such as magnets
- Current Meter Averaging: indicates the average measurement calculated from the four preceding measurements
- Current Meter Averaging is useful when measuring rapidly changing loads
- Housed in a 350mm (13 ¾”) wide, 3U-high case
- OPTIONAL rack mounting kit available, please call for details
- Remote sense terminals, analogue, logic and bus interface connectors on the front and rear of the unit
- Analogue interfaces for voltage control of both output voltage and output current (non-isolated, one for each output)
- Digitised control voltages can be selected between 0 to 5V or 0 to 10V for zero to full scale
- Opto-isolated logic control signal can be set as true= output on or true= output off
- Opto-isolated open-collector logic output signal can be set to true or false for output enabled or disabled, current limit, power limit or any fault trip
- Supports RS-232, USB, GPIB and LAN (Ethernet) with LXI interfaces for remote operation
- Digital bus interfaces are at ground potential and are opto-isolated from output terminals
- Digital Bus interfaces provide full control of voltage, current, output on/off and set-up
- Digital Bus interfaces facilitate read-back of voltage, current and status
- IVI Driver for Windows supports high-level applications such as LabView, LabWindows and HP/ Agilent VEE
- A flexible, comprehensive and easy-to-use DC PSU.
- Aim-TTi QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply
Aim-TTi QPX600D & QPX600DP Digital Bench Power Supply Technical Specifications
|Voltage/Current Levels||Voltage Range 1||0V to 60V|
|Voltage Range 2||0V to 80V|
|Current Range||0A to 50A|
|Power Range||Up to 600W|
|Operating Mode||Constant voltage or constant current with automatic cross-over and mode indication.|
|Output Setting||Voltage Setting||By floating point numeric entry or rotary jog wheel; resolution 1mV for 60V range or 2mV for 80V range|
|Current Setting||By floating point numeric entry or rotary jog wheel; resolution 10mA.|
|Setting Accuracy||Voltage - 0.1% ± 2mV; 0.1% ± 4mV on 80V range|
|Current - 0.3% ± 20mA|
|Setting Stores||Up to 10 set-ups can be saved and recalled via the keyboard
(or the digital interfaces on QPX600DP).
|Keyboard & Rotary Control||All functions, including the selection and set-up of the remote control interfaces, can be set from the keyboard. The rotary Jog control can be used to adjust output voltage and current settings in a quasi-analogue mode. The output to be controlled is first selected with the appropriate Control key.|
|Output Performance||Load regulation||<0.01% +5mV (CV mode) for any load change within the PowerFlex envelope, using remote sense.|
|Line regulation||<0.01% +5mV for a 10% line voltage change.|
|Ripple & Noise||Typically <3mV rms, <20mV pk-pk, (20MHz bandwidth).|
|Transient Response||<250µs to within 100mV of set level for 5% to 95% load change.|
|Temp. Coefficient||Typically <100ppm/oC.|
|Sensing||Selectable local or remote sensing.|
|Output Protection||External Voltage||Output will withstand forward voltages of up to 90V.
Reverse protection by diode clamp
|Power Limit||Automatic protection within PowerFlex control system|
|Fault Trip||The output will be shut down if any of the four trip conditions listed below occur|
|Over Voltage (OVP)||Settable 2V to 85V in 0.1V steps|
|Over Current (OCP)||Settable 2A to 55A in 0.1A steps|
|Over Temperature||Monitors internal temperature rise to protect against excess ambient temperature or blocked ventilation slots|
|Sense Error||Monitors the voltage between the remote sense terminals and output terminals to protect against mis-wiring.|
|Output Switching||Push switch operating electronic power control. LED indication of On state|
|Connection||Output Terminals||Front and rear output terminals. Safety terminals accepting 6mm wire diameter, 6mm plugs or 8mm spades at 50 Amps max, or 4mm plugs at 30 Amps max|
|Sensing Terminals||Screw-less terminals on rear panel.|
|In addition to independent output operation, the instrument is capable of operating in a number of
different voltage and current tracking modes which can be activated from the Link Menu.
These modes include Output 2 voltage (V2) tracking Output 1 voltage (V1) by any ratio in the range
5% to 2000%, V2 and I2 set to track V1and I1 (1:1) with total V1 + V2 displayed (useful when
Output 1 and Output 2 are series connected), V2 and I2 set to track V1and I1 (1:1) with total I1 +
I2 displayed (useful when Output 1 and Output 2 are parallel connected).
|Display Type||Large dot-matrix black-on-white backlit LCD.|
|Meter Function||5 digit voltage meter and 4 digit current meter. Display of limits values,
memory contents etc. Wide range of alpha-numeric messages/menus.
|Limits Display||Limits settings can be displayed simultaneously with measurements.|
|Meter Resolution||Voltage: 1mV (2mV on 80V range). Current: 10mA|
|Meter Accuracy||Voltage: 0.1% of reading ± 2 digits (CI mode and Unreg)|
|Current: 0.3% of reading ± 2 digits (CV mode and Unreg)|
|Additional Metering Functions||V x A||Display shows calculated power in watts. Resolution 0.1W.
Accuracy 0·5% ± 0·1W
|V/A||Display shows calculated resistance. Resolution up to 5 digits.
Measurement uncertainty is shown on display.
|Analogue & Logic|
|Analog Remote Control and Monitoring||Non-isolated inputs and outputs to set voltage and current limit and to monitor actual output voltage and current. These signals are referenced to the negative output and have a range of 0 to 10V or 0 to 5V (selectable via the keyboard). Note that the analogue control voltage is digitised within the
|Control Accuracy||Voltage: 0.3% ± 4mV; Current: 0.5% ± 40mA|
|Monitor Accuracy||Voltage: 0.3% ± 4mV; Current: 0.5% ± 40mA|
|Logic Control Input and Output||LOGIC IN is a rear-panel opto-isolated input that is activated at an input current greater than approximately 1mA. User can set LOGIC IN (via the keyboard) to enable the output, disable the output, or be ignored when it is activated.|
|LOGIC OUT is an isolated rear-panel open-collector output that will sink up to 2mA when activated (‘switch closure’); the maximum voltage that can be applied to LOGIC OUT is 30VDC. User can set LOGIC OUT to be ‘closed’ or ‘open’ for output enabled or disabled, current limit (CI mode), power limit (UNREG mode), or for any fault trip.|
|Digital Bus Interfaces (QPX600DP Only)|
|The QPX600DP offers full remote control and read-back using RS-232, USB, GPIB or LAN
(compliant with LXI class C). All interfaces are at ground potential and opto-isolated from the output terminals.
|RS-232||Standard 9-pin D connector. Baud rate 9,600.|
|USB||USB 2.0 connection (backwards compatible with USB 1.x). Operates as a virtual COM port.|
|GPIB (IEEE-488)||The interface conforms with IEEE-488.1 and IEEE-488.2.|
|Ethernet (LAN)||Standard 10/100 base-T hardware connection. ICMP and TCP/IP Protocol for connection to Local Area Network or direct connection to a single PC.|
|LXI Compliance||LAN interface is compliant with LXI class C. (LXI is the abbreviation for Lan eXtensions for Instrumentation)|
|Digital Programming Performance (QPX600DP)|
|Setting Accuracy and Resolution||As per Manual Control (see Output Setting under Output Specifications)|
|Programming Speed||Command Delay||Typically <100ms between receiving the command terminator for a step voltage change at the instrument and the output voltage beginning to change.|
|Driver Software Supplied (QPX600DP)|
|IVI Driver||An IVI driver for Windows is supplied. This provides support for common applications such as LabView*, LabWindows*, HPVEE* etc.|
|USB Driver||An installation file is supplied which calls a standard Windows* USB driver.|
|Notes||* LabView and LabWindows are trademarks of National Instruments.
HPVEE (now Agilent VEE) is a trademark of Agilent Technologies.
|* USB interface is supported for Windows 2000, XP, and Vista. Windows is a trademark of Microsoft|
|Input||AC Input||110V to 240V AC ±10%, 50/60Hz. Installation Category II.|
|Input Power||1600VA max.|
|Temperature & Environmental||Operating Range||+5ºC to +40ºC, 20% to 80% RH|
|Storage Range||-40ºC to + 70ºC|
|Environmental||Indoor use at altitudes up to 2000m, Pollution Degree 2.|
|Cooling||Intelligent variable-speed fans.|
|Safety & EMC||Safety||Complies with EN61010-1|
|EMC||Complies with EN61326|
|Physical||Size||350 x 130 x 413mm (WxHxD) (3U height) .|
Files & Downloads:
Aim-TTi QPX Digital Bench Power Supplies - DatasheetAim-TTi QPX Digital Bench Power Supplies - DatasheetDownload