Anemometers & Airflow Meters (58 Products)
5 in Stock£61.44 £51.20Was £76.80 £64.00You Save £15.36 £12.80
102 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: 05601410
- Vane anemometer measures air flow, volume and temperature
- Compact design with small-size vane
- Bluetooth enabled - wirelessly logs data to smartphones and tablets
4 in Stock£75.84 £63.20Was £94.80 £79.00You Save £18.96 £15.80
126 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: 05601405
- Measure air flow, volume and temperature
- Fully telescopic, bendable hot wire probe
- Functions as a data logger - wirelessly transmit data to a smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth
+ Free DeliveryTPI SP565 Smart Hotwire Anenometer with A565SP Pouch£90.00 £75.00
150 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: TPI-SP565
- Measure air velocity and temperature simultaneously
- Temperature range: -5°F to 175°F / -20°C to 80°C
- Air velocity range: 40 to 3900 fpm / 0.2 to 20 m/s
Due In: 1-6 Days£93.42 £77.85Was £136.55 £113.79You Save £43.13 £35.94
154 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: 45158
- Pocket-sized meter for measuring air velocity, relative humidity, dew point, temperature and wind chill
- Extendable casing - flick open to extend up to 9 inches
- Selectable measurement units - ft/min, mph, m/s, km/h, knots and Beaufort force
In Stock£94.80 £79.00Was £150.00 £125.00You Save £55.20 £46.00
158 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: TS-CONE
- Includes both a circular and a round cone
- Use the TSAM5 anemometer to test larger outlets with these cones
- Easily attach to the vane sensor on the TSAM5
Due In: 1-6 Days£96.00 £80.00Was £124.54 £103.78You Save £28.54 £23.78
160 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: 45118
- Display Air Velocity and Temperature or Windchill
- Selectable averaging function of 5, 10, or 13 second intervals
- Fold up protective housing extends to 9" (229mm) for better reach
About Anemometers & Airflow Meters
An extremely common tool for use by HVAC professionals, anemometers are designed to calculate the overall speed of wind passing through a specific area. They are most commonly associated with testing air conditioning and ventilation systems for correct airflow in order to ensure comfortable environments.
Most anemometers are known as vane anemometers - all of these come equipped with some sort of fan-like sensor which measures the air passing through it. The type of vane sensor included depends entirely on the anemometer in question - some may have smaller sensors intergated directly into the body of the meter, while others come with flexible sensors equipped with cords (making it easier to hold inside a duct while reading the results on the meter's screen).
To use an anemometer, the sensor should be held as close to the targeted testing area as possible. As air starts to move through the vane sensor, the anemometer will calculate the air velocity and air flow. Several models also have the ability to simultaneously measure air temperature, giving HVAC technicians a more thorough understanding of the status of the system.
We also stock another type of this product known as the hot wire anemometer. These work differently than their vane counterparts; they include a heated probe which is held up against the targeted measurement point. As air flows past the sensor, it will have a cooling effect on the probe and calculate air flow based on the resistance against the hot wire sensor.
For larger applications, some anemometers have large-size cone hoods available. These generally fit directly into the anemometer's vane sensor and can be used to easily measure the flow coming from a duct cover, extractor fan or for just measuring a larger area.