Moisture Meters (51 Products)
Free UK Delivery*FLIR MR59 Ball Probe Moisture Meter with Bluetooth£231.60 £193.00
386 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: MR59
- Ball-probe sensor enables access to corners and covers large, uneven areas quickly
- Can detect moisture up to 100mm/ 4” below the surface
- Communicates results wirelessly to a smartphone/ tablet
Free UK Delivery*FLIR MR60 Pin/Pinless Moisture Meter Pro£448.80 £374.00
748 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: MR60
- Dual functions - pin and pinless modes both included
- Store your findings in 4GB internal memory and transfer into free software
- High quality digital readout with colour bargraph display
Free UK Delivery*FLIR MR160 Moisture Meter with Built-In Thermal Imager£676.80 £564.00
1128 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: MR160
- The functionality of a moisture meter and thermal camera in one instrument
- Portable and easy to use
- Locate and test moisture content with ease
Free UK Delivery*FLIR MR160 Imaging Moisture Meter + MR08 Hammer Probe Kit£1,113.60 £928.00
1856 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: MR160-KIT5
- Special version of the FLIR MR160 with hammer probe included
- IGM mode - thermal imaging guides you to hidden moisture problems
- Pin and pinless measurement modes
Free UK Delivery*FLIR MR176 Imaging Moisture Meter£1,124.40 £937.00
1874 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: MR176
- Integrated thermal sensor detects the presence of hidden moisture
- Dedicated pinless and pin moisture measurement modes
- Capture images, download to PC and create professional reports
Free UK Delivery*FLIR MR176-KIT5 Imaging Moisture Meter£1,612.80 £1,344.00
2688 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: MR176-KIT5
- Special version of the FLIR MR176 with hammer probe included
- Built-in thermal imager guides you to the measurement spot
- Pin and pinless measurement modes
About Moisture Meters
Need to test the level of moisture in building materials, wood and other material types? Moisture meters help you to put an exact value to how damp the material is and are an essential purchase for caravan owners, professional building surveyors, home owners and those involved with the production and storage of wood in various forms.
Moisture meters are generally classified into two distinct types - pin and pinless.
Pin-type moisture meters include sharp pins at the top which are designed to touch the material you're testing. You should be able to get a reading from lightly touching the surface with the pins; however sometimes, when moisture is deeper, inserting the pins more into the surface will generate more accurate results. Some pin-type moisture meters include optional hammer-style accessories which will allow you to easily test further below the surface.
Pinless moisture meters are better for measuring the moisture content without actually causing any damage to the material being tested. These use a scanning system to test to a certain depth below the surface (results vary depending on model) and they are generally less accurate than their pin counterparts as they aren't actually touching the surface.
The capabilities of the moisture meter you have will vary greatly depending on the product you select. Some are specifically designed for use with wood, while others include the ability to measure moisture with selectable pin and pinless modes. Even more advanced meters, such as the FLIR MR series, even include a thermal imaging camera inside so you can find moisture much easier before actually testing with the pin electrode.