pH Meters & Water Quality Testers (46 Products)
In Stock£37.67 £31.39Was £175.20 £146.00You Save £137.53 £114.61
62 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: TSPW1
- Measures water conductivity levels
- Extremely effective method of determining water quality
- MAX/MIN and data hold functions as well as standard measurements
2 in Stock£48.00 £40.00Was £56.40 £47.00You Save £8.40 £7.00
80 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: 813-513
- Pocket-sized, easy-to-use pH meter
- Automatic recalibration function (requires optional buffer solution)
- IP65 rated, water-resistant design
2 in Stock£61.20 £51.00Was £76.44 £63.70You Save £15.24 £12.70
102 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: EC170
- Dual measurements of salinity and temperature
- Autoranging with 2 ranges of measurement
- Waterproof design meets IP65 standards
4 in Stock£61.20 £51.00Was £76.44 £63.70You Save £15.24 £12.70
102 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: EC150
- Triple function meter measures conductivity, TDS and temperature
- Fully waterproof with IP65 rating
- Simultaneous measurements of conductivity or TDS + temperature
+ Free DeliveryChauvin Arnoux C.A. 10001 Waterproof Thermometer and pH Tester£63.54 £52.95Was £74.40 £62.00You Save £10.86 £9.05
104 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: P01710015
- Pocket-sized, portable design for easy transportation
- Indicates pH values and temperatures simultaneously on the wide, multi-parameter display
- ATC and automatic calibration ensure accurate pH readings
+ Free DeliveryETI 813-52X TDS Conductivity Tester - Choice of Four ModelsAs low as £67.20 £56.00
112 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: 813-52X
- Can be used to measure the conductivity of a solution in order to determine the volume of dissolved solids
- Portable, pocket-sized design
- Automatic temperature compensation between 0 and 50°C
In Stock£70.80 £59.00Was £87.00 £72.50You Save £16.20 £13.50
118 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: 860-800
- Accurate pH meter with flexible, removeable electrode sensor
- 0 to 14pH range
- Automatic recalibration when used with buffer solution
About pH Meters & Water Quality Testers
Perfect for use both in educational, industrial and scientific environments, a pH/water quality tester is the ideal solution for accurately measuring the pH of substances or ensuring that water is safe for consumption.
Of course pH testers aren't just for use in substances - many devices are also used to test the pH of food, or for evaluating evaluating the levels of acid/alkali inside semi-solid or solid materials. Soil pH meters are also commonly used in food production to ensure that soils are at the right levels for increasing maximum yield when growing crops, plants or vegetation.
If you're regularly testing for different PHs, having an accurate, easy-to-read tester ensures that you can always maintain accurate readings of potentially dangerous substances. A PH tester is also ideal for use in schools, providing a more accurate alternative to using litmus paper in the science lab.
Most common pH meters work by the use of an electrode. When inserted into the target substance this electrode will create a current through that substance; the pH meter will then read this current, and display the overall acidity/alkalinity of the substance on the tester's screen. Proper maintenance of a pH electrode is absolutely essential in between testing procedures - they should be cleaned carefully, and kept stored in regularly changed solution of a specific pH to maintain the efficiency of the pH electrode. Without proper care the electrode will deteroriate much faster and will have to be replaced much more regularly.
It's also quite common for pH meters to be able to evaluate the overall temperature of the object/solution being tested at the same time as pH readings are being calculated. This is particularly useful when testing foodstuffs such as meat; these meat pH meters and other food meters can be used to accurately determine the pH or stored/cooked food, and are ideal for use in everywhere from restaurants to supermarket refrigeration storage areas.
Got a swimming pool or a hot tub at home? pH meters are great tools for evaluating the delicate chemical balance used in these devices, and allow users to easily maintain and adjust chemical balance as and when is needed.
Generally, PH meters range in size, shape and ability. For those on a budget, pen-sized PH meters are available, while we also stock a range of higher-priced PH meters which are more suited for technical environments such as laboratories. More expensive devices generally come with additional features such as temperature compensators; readings can be affected by temperature.
Water quality testers check to see if water is safe for consumption or human touch. These are absolutely essential for those who work regularly with both water and chemicals, allowing you, for example, to check that the correct levels of chlorine are present in water before it is sent out for use in homes and other areas.