Easily identify both wires and cables with this Extech wire tracing set!
Supplied with both an amplifier probe and a tone generator, the Extech 40180 can perform wire traces, continuity tests, clear/busy/ringing phone line tests and tip/ring identifications.
When testing telephone/internet wiring, the 40180 can be attached directly to the wire thanks to alligator clips designed for connection to both non-terminated cables and modular connectors.
Additional functions of this kit include selectable continuous/variable tone generation and a built-in speaker on the probe with sensitivity control.
Extech 40180 Tone Generator & Amplifier Probe Kit Key Features
- Identify both cables and wires, including telephone and network cables
- Wire tracing function
- Continuity test
- Clear/busy/ringing line test
- Tip/ring identification
- Supplied with alligator clips for non-terminated cables and modular connections
- Selectable continuous or variable tone generation
- Built-in speaker with sensitivity control
- Amplifier Probe
- Tone Generator
- Alligator Clips
- Modular RG11 Phone and RG45 Digital Connector Cables
- 9V Batteries
Extech 40180 Technical Specifications
|Power||9V battery (tone generator and probe - 1 each)|
|Tone Output||1kHz, 6V square wave (approx)|
|Dimensions||Probe: 228 x 57 x 25.4mm (9 x 2.25 x 1")
Generator: 63.5 x 63.5 x 38.1mm (2.5 x 2.5 x 1.5")