With all of the functionality of a standard digital multimeter + exclusive HVAC modes, the Fluke 116 digital multimeter is specifically made for engineers who work in the HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) industries.
Unlike other models in the Fluke 110 series, the Fluke 116 includes exclusive functions such as a built-in thermometer for measuring temperature and a microamp mode designed for testing flame sensors. It can also test all standard electrical parameters, including resistance, continuity, frequency, capacitance and voltage.
In this video, Fluke's lead facility and HVAC specialist shows how to use the Fluke 116 in your HVAC work.
The Fluke 116 is exactly what you'd expect from Fluke: rugged, reliable and highly accurate. It's true RMS, so it'll maintain its accuracy even when testing on irregular AC connections and built-in low input impedance ensures that ghost voltages don't have an effect on any of your readings.
When you're working in darkened conditions, you can use the Fluke 116's built-in large white LED backlit screen to see what you're doing. If you're needing to record results over a period of time, you can use the built-in maximum, minimum and average functions to gain a wide variety of readings.
This digital multimeter is CAT III 600V safety rated and is supplied as standard with a 3 year warranty from Fluke.
Fluke 116 HVAC Multimeter Key Features
- Specifically designed for use by HVAC technicians
- Built-in thermometer - test temperature using a type K thermocouple from -40 to +400°C
- Microamps mode specifically made for testing flame sensors
- DC millivolts measurements up to 600mV
- AC/DC voltage measurements up to 600V
- Continuity test
- Resistance measurements to 40MΩ
- Diode test
- Capacitance test to 1000μF
- Frequency measurements up to 50Hz
- 6000 count digital LCD display with integrated backlight
- 33 segment analogue bargraph on display
- Battery life of 400 hours (typical use, without backlight)
- True RMS - maintains its accuracy even when testing on irregular AC circuits
- LoZ (low input impedance) mode elminates false readings caused by ghost voltages
- MIN/MAX/AVG mode with elapsed time (ideal for recording signal fluctuations)
- Compact, ergonomic design (comfortable to use in one hand)
- CAT III 600V
- Compatible with Fluke optional ToolPak magnetic hangers
- 3 year warranty included
- Fluke 116 HVAC Multimeter
- 4mm Silicone Test Lead Set
- 80BK Integrated Temperature Probe
- Installed 9V Battery
- User Manual
Get Yourself a Carrying Case
The Fluke 116 isn't supplied as standard with a carrying case.
You can get one by following the link below to the Fluke C90.
Part of the Fluke 110 Series of Digital Multimeters
This digital multimeter is just one of four models available in the Fluke 110 series.
The following table outlines the difference between each model in the series.
|AutoVolt (Automatic AC/DC Voltage Selection)||√||-||√||√|
|VoltAlert (Non-Contact Voltage Detector)||-||-||-||√|
|LoZ (Low Input Impedance)||√||-||√||√|
|Frequency, Capactiance and Diode Tests||-||√||√||√|
|Low Battery Indication||√||√||√||√|
|Compact Case + Removable Holster||√||√||√||√|
Fluke TL175 Twist Guard Test LeadsSKUTL175
Fluke TPAK ToolPak Meter Hanging KitSKUFLUGA15
Fluke TL223 Suregrip Electrical Test Lead KitSKUFLUTLA20
Fluke 80TK Thermocouple Module (Type K)SKUFLUTHERA21
Fluke L206 Deluxe Hat LightSKUFLUGA18
Fluke C90 Soft Meter Case SKU: FLUCA10SKUFLUCA10
Fluke C115 Soft Meter CaseSKUC115
Fluke TL71-1 Test Lead SetSKUFLUTLA14
Fluke AC285 SureGrip Alligator Clip SetSKUFLUTLA7
Fluke CXT170 Rugged Pelican Hard CaseSKUCXT170
Fluke LVD1 Volt Light Genuine NOT copySKUFLUVT11
Fluke MC6 MeterCleaner Wipes 6-packSKUFLUGA20