Suitable for use in both electrical and industrial conditions, the Megger MIT415/2 is a portable, handheld solution for testing insulation in electrical installations, cables, motors, vehicles and much more.
Designed to improve upon the original MIT400 series in every way, Megger's MIT415/2 has a redesigned case with integrated back stand and 6 cell battery compartment with separate fuse access. Continuity tests are faster than ever before, while insulation testing has been enhanced with feedback-controlled test voltages which limit overvoltage to 2% (rather than the industries' standard value of 10 to 20%).
The Megger MIT415/2 has a total of 6 selectable test voltages - 10V, 25V, 50V, 100V, 250V and 500V - with insulation measurement range of up to 100GΩ. Dedicated polarisation index (PI), dielectric absorption ratio (DAR) and timed testing functions are also included.
Continuity can be tested from 0.01Ω to 1MΩ with auto reverse polarity and lead nulling for added accuracy. Both AC/DC voltage can be tested up to 600V, with a millivolt (mV) range available for both AC and DC and it's also possible to test frequency from 15 to 400Hz.
To keep you safe when working, the Megger MIT415/2 has built-in live circuit detection which will automatically stop testing from proceeding if the tester is accidentally connected to a live circuit or across phases. This applies to both insulation and continuity measurements, with the live circuit voltage displayed on the screen for reference. The detection/inhibit functions will also continue to work even if the tester's fuse protection fas failed.
Megger MIT415/2 Insulation Tester Key Features
- Selectable test voltages of 10V, 25V, 50V, 100V, 250V and 500V
- Insulation measurement range up to 100GΩ
- 2% test voltage accuracy for precision results
- PASS/FAIL indication displayed depending on threshold voltage
- Stabilised test voltage to remain within specification throughout full testing range
- Actual test voltage display on small digital readout with full measurement on larger section of the screen
- Analogue arc to replicate the response of a moving coil display
- Polarisation index function with 10 minute/1 minute ratio
- Dielectric absorption ratio function with 60 second/30 second ratio
- Timed testing function - automatically test to a time limit
- High quality silicone flexible testing leads are comfortable to use and prevent measurement errors on GΩ ranges above 5GΩ
- Test inhibit - prevents tests from going ahead if connection to a dangerous live circuit is found (works even when fuses are blown)
- Insulation buzzer - set to buzz if the insulation resistance is above a user-adjustable limit
- Test lock - holds insulation test on continuously
- ESD display option - swap display from kΩ, MΩ, GΩ to 10 to the power of 5, 10 to the power of 6 etc
- Single continuity resistance range with fully automatic testing from 0.01Ω to 1.0MΩ
- Lead null operates up to 10Ω of resistance
- Adjustable continuity buzzer
- Voltage measurements up to 600V AC/DC
- Analogue arc display
- Automatic display of frequency during voltage measurements
- Weatherproof, IP54 case
- Tough housing with shock absorption and super-tough, almost indestructible ABS casing
- Compatible with both standard AA and rechargeable NiMH batteries
- Built-in backstand for propping up on a desk
- CAT IV 600V rated
- Megger MIT415/2 Insulation Tester
- Red/Black Silicone Test Leads with Probes + Clips
- SP5 Remote Switch Probe
- Owners Information CD
- 6 x AA Alkaline Batteries
- Hard Carrying Case
There are a number of accessories available for the Megger MIT415 Insulation Tester; please contact our sales team for further information.
|Our SKU||Megger's Part Number||Product|
|1007-781||1007-781||1kV Silicone test leads with clips and probes x3 (Red/Black/Blue) - for use on test voltages below 1000V|
|MEGITA1||1002-001B||Test lead Set - Comprising Two Unfused Leads (Red/Black) with right angle plugs, Long & Short prods & croc clips (Boxed)|
|MEGRCDA4||1002-015B||Fused Test Lead Set Red/Black Red FF500mA 50kA (Boxed)|
|1002-774||1007-157B||Remote Switched probe SP5 CAT IV 600 (Boxed)|
|1002-735||1002-735||Battery NiMH (X6) - MFT17/18|
|Please note that the accessories above and the attached datasheets are subject to change; both were correct at the time of publication.|