The PACT SIGEN 2+ Signal Transmitter/ Genny can be used with pipe and cable location equipment capable of receiving 33kHz signals, such as PACT’s TOMKAT S2 and V2 Pipe and Cable Locators/ CAT - Cable Avoidance Tool, to find and avoid buried services (consisting of pipes and cables). Thereby reducing strike rates and allowing teams of professionals to carry out maintenance, construction, electrical and/or excavation work safely and effectively.
The PACT SIGEN 2+ Signal Transmitter has a high- and low-volume output as well as low- and high-power outputs, allowing the user to adapt the instrument to suit the application. The high-volume output allows the user to get a better connection tone, while the low-volume output makes the PACT SIGEN 2+ Genny suitable for use in quiet locations. Moreover, it is possible to change from the low-power output to the high-power output at the flick of a switch, allowing the operator to determine a familiar, distinct continuous tone.
Also adding to this instrument’s versatility is the supplied earth stake and connection leads, and its two operating modes: Induction and Connection. The PACT SIGEN 2+ Signal Transmitter is also equipped with an isolation transformer that allows it to be connected directly to a mains supply via a 3-pin plug connector (max mains rating: 230V AC), again expanding its scope-for-use.
The PACT SIGEN 2+ Signal Transmitter / Genny is also supplied with a manufacturer’s calibration to ensure that it is operating reliably and correctly.
In addition to reliability, versatility and simplicity of operation, the PACT SIGEN 2+ Signal Transmitter is designed to be durable and is constructed from high-impact ABS. It has an ingress protection rating of 54 and has been CE tested. As a result, the PACT SIGEN 2+ Genny is suitable for use in rugged, outdoor environments.
Finally, the PACT SIGEN 2+ Signal Transmitter/ Genny is supplied with eight fitted AA batteries capable of supplying the instrument with up to forty hours of power. When the PACT SIGEN 2+ Signal Transmitter no longer issues a tone, the batteries need to be replaced.
The PACT SIGEN 2+ Signal Transmitter / Genny is a practical, dependable and precise instrument; it is ideal for professionals requiring a tool to help them locate and avoid cables and pipes.
PACT SIGEN 2+ Signal Transmitter / Genny Key Features
- Use with cable locators capable of receiving 33kHz signals to locate cables and pipes
- Suitable for use with PACT’s TOMKAT S2 and V2 Pipe and Cable Locators
- Avoid buried services and reduce strike rates
- Allows professionals to carry out maintenance, construction, plumbing, electrical and/or excavation work safely and effectively
- High- and low-volume outputs
- Low- and high-power outputs
- High-volume output allows the user to get a better connection tone
- Low-volume output makes the instrument suitable for use in quiet locations
- Switch between low- and high-power outputs at the push of a button
- The ability to change between power outputs allows the user to determine a familiar, distinct continuous tone
- Supplied with an earth stake and connection leads
- Two modes: Induction and Connection
- Includes an isolated transformer that allows it to be connected to a mains supply via a 3-pin plug connector (max mains rating: 230V AC)
- Supplied with a manufacturer’s calibration
- Constructed from high-impact ABS
- CE tested
- Suitable for use in rugged, outdoor environments
- 8x AA batteries – fitted
- Batteries supply up to forty hours of power
- A practical, dependable and precise instrument
- Ideal for professionals requiring a tool to help them locate and avoid cables and pipes
- PACT SIGEN 2+ Signal Transmitter / Genny
- Earth Stake
- Connection Leads
- Manufacturer’s Calibration
- 8x AA Batteries – Fitted
P.A.C.T. SIGEN 2+ Signal Transmitter Technical Specifications
|Off||Transmitter is turned off in this position|
|Induction Mode||33 kHz continuous|
|Connection Mode||33 kHz continuous|
|Protection||Isolation transformer allows direct connection via a 3 pin plug connector to mains supply (mains rating is 230 VAC maximum)|
|Power Output||low output 0.25-watt high output 1.0 watt|
|Audio Induction Mode||Audible continuous|
|Audio Connection Mode||Audible continuous tone with distinct tone change confirms a good connection is made|
|Audio On/Off||No tone indicates battery replacement required|
|Batteries||8 x AA alkaline supplied fitted typical battery life 40 hours continuous use|
|Operating Temperature||-20C to + 50C|
|Compatibility||Will work with all locators receiving a 33kHz signal|
|Accessories||Supplied with earth stake & connection leads|
|Construction||Moulded from high impact ABS weatherproof to IP54 CE tested|
|Dimensions||285mm x 185mm x 195mm|
|Shipping Box Size||305mm x 205mm x 215mm|