Lockout Tagout Kits (27 Products)
£25.50 £21.25Was £26.00You Save £4.75
42 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: MARLOKKIT6
- Easily secure fuse carriers during lockout/tagout
- Adjustable lockout fits many different types of fuse carrier
- Kit also includes padlock, tag and marker pen
£27.54 £22.95Was £27.50You Save £4.55
44 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: MARLOKKITBASE
- Maintain compliance with safe isolation procedures
- Includes three MCB locks for use with most standard miniature circuit breakers
- Optimised for domestic installers
£28.79 £23.99Was £29.99You Save £6.00
46 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: DLL0C1
- Personal lockout kit that can be carried on the user’s person
- Can be used to lock out any individual circuit or switch
- Complies with the 17th Edition Guidance Note 2 – Amendment 3.
£32.39 £26.99Was £59.99You Save £33.00
52 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: LT-LPP
- Basic lockout/tagout kit
- Comes with hasps, ties, padlocks and more
- Supplied in useful carrying pouch
£46.07 £38.39Was £47.99You Save £9.60
76 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: DLL0C2
- Lockout kit designed to lockout circuits within new and old domestic properties
- Greater number of products than DiLog’s DLL0C1 Personal Lockout Kit
- Comes with a Lockout Carry Pouch
£47.94 £39.95Was £44.00You Save £4.05
78 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: MARLOKKITGAS1
- Optimised for gas engineers and technicians
- Lockout fixed wired appliances such as cookers, boilers, hand dryers and water heaters
- Includes Martindale’s LOKFS1 for locking out single gang fused spur connection units
£58.80 £49.00Was £104.93You Save £55.93
98 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: LT-PLWP2
- Essentials for any lockout scenario
- Includes carrying pouch for easy transportation
- Three padlocks, five hasps and much more included
About Lockout Tagout Kits
Lockout tagout kits are used to completely isolate different types of energy sources, thus preventing their operation during maintenance procedures.
Energy, when referred to in lockout and tagout, is broken down into two categories. Energy can either be constant and used as the main driving force behind a machine’s operation, or it can alternatively be stored energy, which is either stored intentionally or is left over as residual energy when a machine is powered down.
Main energy can be electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic pump, hydraulic line, water, gas, chemical or coolant or steam. Stored energy types include release gas, gravity, motion control, rotation, hydraulic, water, pneumatic, chemical or coolant, electrical, steam and thermal. Every single one of these energy types is susceptible to a lockout tagout programme, and not enforcing one can result in extremely nasty accidents – or even the death – of those working on machinery powered by energy sources.
Stored energy is the perhaps most overlooked part of the lockout/tagout procedure. Your first move at this point would be to isolate the valve using one of the included lockout devices by clipping it onto the valve and securing it in place using the included lockout padlocks. You’d then use the included tags to indicate that lockout tagout is in place, and tell all employees that this is the case.
With the energy source isolated, you might then go about doing work and send employees into to the large pipe to carry out maintenance. But what about the residual energy? There may be leftover, super-heated steam inside, leading to potentially nasty burns for those about to enter the pipe. This steam MUST be siphoned away before the maintenance goes ahead, and the same principle applies for electrical, chemicals and other forms of stored or residual energy types.
Our lockout tagout kits are suitable for use on electrical, miniature circuit breakers, valves and pneumatic energy sources.