Live Line Testers (56 Products)
100 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: DDC5039
- Optimised for use with Metrohm’s HVD High Voltage Detectors
- Facilitates a connection between the Metrohm High Voltage Detector and a Karl Pfisterer rod
- Improves the Metrohm HVD High Voltage Detector’s versatility
100 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: DDC5025
- Optimised for use with Metrohm’s high voltage detectors
- Compatible with a range of Bowthorpe rods
- Facilitates a connection between the Bowthorpe rod and Metrohm high voltage detector
470 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: DFK0112
- Optimised for use with Metrohm’s Live Line Test Kits
- Facilitates a connection between the live line tester and a Bowthorpe rod
- Ideal for expanding the scope-for-use of Metrohm’s Live Line Test Kits
720 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: LLT-F0R01A/2
- A repeater station optimised for use with Metrohm’s 11kV Live Line Test Kits
- Of particular use when using a live line tester with a Bowthorpe rod
- Allows the user to see measurements at ground level
870 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: LLT-F0R02A/2
- Designed for use with Metrohm’s 33kV Live Line Test Kits
- Allows the user to view measurements safely at ground level
- Particularly useful when the live line tester is used with a Bowthorpe rod
1,080 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: HVI-F0357A
- Detects voltages between 200V and 15kV
- Indicates voltages via flashing neon lights
- Suitable for ensuring the safety of maintenance and installation personnel
About Live Line Testers
High voltage testers includes live line testing, which involves the testing of high voltage overhead AC lines and switchgear with an insulated pole attached to an indicator. The indicator can be either analogue or digital with and with audible and visual indicators of voltage presence. Live line testers are mainly used by the rail and utility industries around the world and each have their own standards.
The main manufacturers of these poles are companies such as Seaward, HVI, Metrohm and Edgcumbe in the UK. The length of the poles generally depends upon the voltage under test and they generally come in rated voltages such as 11kV, (33Kv more commonly) but can also be up to 132Kv or as high as 200Kv. The poles are usually made of composite material and there are also foam filled types.
The poles should be checked annually for damage and cleaned with a polymer cleaning kit. They should obviously not be used in wet or damp conditions as this could affect the insulation properties of the rods.
This category also contains various live line proving units which are designed to be used in combination with live line equipment to verify that they are safe for use both before and after carrying out testing procedures. We also stock a range of accessories and indicators designed for use in high voltage situations or for extending the capabilities of the live line testers available in store.