Made for use by contractors, building surveyors, home builders and architects, Protimeter's Digital Mini moisture meter calculates and displays the moisture level in both wood and building materials.
Capable of delivering consistent, reliable moisture measurements, the Digital Mini moisture meter can be used identify the level of moisture penetration in the material, to diagnose the cause of the problem and to monitor changes in moisture levels over a period of time.
Precision Pin-Type Moisture Meter
The Protimeter Digital Mini has built-in pin electrodes at the top; these are designed to measure the moisture level at the surface of a material.
This moisture meter can be used with both wood and building materials such as plaster and masonry; it is calibrated as standard for wood and displays actual percent moisture content for these materials. When testing building materials, the Protimeter Digital Mini automatically calculates the Wood Moisture Equivalent (WME) and delivers an accurate measurement of moisture content.
Protimeter's Digital Mini is also designed to be used alongside optional moisture probes which expand its capabilities further. These are (all probes sold separately):
- Hammer Probe - used on wood to gain sub-surface measurements. Available in both light duty (made for soft woods and occasional use) or heavy duty (made for hard woods) forms
- Deep Wall Probes - used to obtain measurements at depth in solid and composite walls
- EIFS Probes - used to measure moisture levels within and through exterior insulation and finishing systems types of wall cladding
If you'd like to order any additional probes, please see further below for more information on part numbers.
Colour-Coded Moisture Readings
As the name suggests, the Protimeter Digital Mini uses a digital display to show moisture content as a digital percentage.
In addition to this, the Digital Mini moisture meter also uses a built-in 60 LED colour scale to show the level of moisture present within the material. This mode activates at the same time as the digital display for quick, easy interpretation of the level of moisture in a material.
The scale will show green LEDs when the material is considered to be dry, yellow/orange lights when a material is considered to be borderline, or red LEDs when the material is considered to be damp.
Unique Reference Mode
Need to compare measurements taken at different points? With Protimeter's Reference mode, doing so is easy!
When activated, reference mode activates a two-line display on the Protimeter Digital Mini moisture meter. After storing a reference measurement, subseqent measurements will then be compared against that reference.
For example, in the image shown, a reference measurement of 10% WME was stored in the Digital Mini; a measurement of 18.8% WME was then taken and displayed on the top line. The Mini then calculates that the difference to the reference is +8.8% WME and displays this value on the bottom line.
Protimeter Digital Mini Moisture Meter Key Features
- Pin-type digital moisture meter for measuring moisture content on the surface of a material
- Suitable for use with both wood and building materials
- Compatible with various optional probes to test deeper levels of moisture, or moisture in difficult applications
- Digital readout as a percentage and three-colour, 60 LED scale showing moisture content as dry, borderline or damp
- Detects moisture levels at a depth of up to 12.7mm (0.5 inches) using standard pins
- Reference mode compares moisture readings against a set reference point for easy comparison work
- Automatic shutoff after 1 to 6 minutes (user-adjustable)
- Data hold function freezes current values shown on the screen
- Backlight for use in poor lighting conditions
- Audible tone when moisture is detected (can be switched on/off)
As standard, you'll receive these items in the pack:
- Protimeter Mini Digital Moisture Meter
- Auxiliary 2-Pin Moisture Probe (BLD5079-2T_
- Pouch with Belt Loop
- User Instructions and Wood Species Calibration Tables
- Calibration Check Device with 2 x Spare Pins
Want to order any of these additional probes for the Protimeter Digital Mini? Please call our sales team quoting the part number for price and availability.
|BLD5055||Heavy-Duty Hammer Electrode for Hard Wood|
|BLD5000||Light-Duty Hammer Electrode for Soft Wood|
|BLD5018||Standard Deep Wall Probe (5 Inches/130mm)|
|BLD5020||Long Deep Wall Probe (9 Inches/240mm)|
|BLD5019||Extra-Long Deep Wall Probe (14 Inches/360mm)|
|BLD5060||Heavy-Duty 2 Pin Probe|
Protimeter Digital Mini Technical Specifications
|Moisture Range||7.9 to 99% WME (pin measurement)
Dry (Green) - 7 to 16.9%
At Risk (Yellow) - 17 to 19.9%
Wet (Red) - 20 to 99.9%
|Display 1||Digital LCD with backlight|
|Display 2||60 LEDs: green (dry), yellow (at risk) and red (wet)|
|Depth of Moisture||Pin up to 12.7mm (0.5 inches)|
|Power||9V battery (supplied)|
|Weight (incl. batteries)||225g (8 ounces)|
|Dimensions||190 x 70 x 49mm (7.5 x 2.75 x 1.9 inches)|
|Warranty||2 years on mechanical or manufacturing defects. Does not include wearing parts or accessories|