Socket Testers & Adaptors (56 Products)
14 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: UTE01
- Standard 4mm connectors to suit most types of multifunction testers
- Test R2 and R1+R2 without removing the leads
- Safety compliance with IEC 1010 ( CAT III 300V).
20 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: MARTST1
- Special design for quick installation and removal
- Straightforward and quick to use
- Lightweight and portable
22 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: KEWST1
- Ultraportable and compact, fits straight into plug sockets
- Uses high definition LEDs and an audible tone to indicate 14 wiring conditions
- Drop proof from one metre
Megger 25965-154 BNC Adapter Socket - BNC to 2 x 4mm 50Ω24 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: 25965-154
£15.00 £12.5024 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: KEWST3
24 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: MARSB13
- Test all wall socket plugs and outlets
- Take quick R1 and R2 measurements
- Compatible with any meter that has a 4mm plug
26 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: MEGST1
- Robust and reliable
- Green/Red LED indicators for missing connections
- Test sockets quickly for errors
About Socket Testers & Adaptors
Socket testers are an essential part of any electricians' toolkit, and allow users to quickly and easily evaluate the internal wiring of a socket without the need to remove the socket faceplate and potential cause damage to the installation.
Generally extremely cost effective and cheap, socket testers are also incredibly simple to use, and require the user to simply insert the tester into a socket and the testerwill do the rest. Depending upon the type of socket tester used the way information is communicated will be different; some socket testers use LED indicators to show wiring status, while other use audible indication to show correct wiring/problems with the installation. Some also use a combination of audible and visual indicators, allowing users to quickly tell if there's a problem with a socket or not.
The visual indicators of socket testers are perhaps the most handy part of the tester. These often come with exact representations of what's wrong with the wiring, so if live earth was reversed, for example, the tester would illuminate with a combination that denotes this problem. Most socket testers also include a handy reference guide on the front so users can clearly determine what exactly the different LED indicators mean.
This section also contains socket adaptors; these differ from socket testers as they are designed generally to be inserted into a socket and the user then uses another tester such as a multimeter and a set of test leads in order to carry out socket testing. They can also includes socket testers attached to specific plugs, such as those plugs used in industrial applications.
Most socket testers and adaptors available in store come with standard UK three-pin plug connectors (expect if they are designed for specific sockets such as the aforementioned industrial sockets).