Multifunction Testers (57 Products)
Free Leads, Screwdrivers or Wander LeadFree UK Delivery*Megger MFT1711-BS Multifunction Tester£624.00 £520.00
1040 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: 1008-121
- An ideal entry-level or simple-to-use installation tester for any electrical installer
- Suitable for use on electrical installations with a voltage of up to 280V
- Upgraded version of Megger's popular 1710 tester with expanded features and capabilities
Free Leads, Screwdrivers or Wander LeadFree UK Delivery*Megger MFT1721-BS Multifunction Tester£838.80 £699.00
1398 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: 1008-123
- Megger's mid-range multifunctional electrical installation tester
- Upgraded version of the MFT1711 with more functions
- Robust, reliable and suitable for all low voltage electrical installations
Free UNI-T DMM & Clamp or AccessoryFree UK Delivery*Megger MFT1735-BS Bluetooth Multifunction Tester w/ Earth Spike Set£1,006.80 £839.00
1678 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: 1003-319
- Next-generation Bluetooth-enabled multifunction tester
- Packed full of every test you'll need during electrical installations
- Includes earth spike kit and choice of free gift!
Free UNI-T DMM & Clamp or AccessoryFree UK Delivery*Megger MFT1741 Multifunction Tester£1,050.00 £875.00
1750 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: MFT1741
- The latest in Megger’s MFT1700 Series, this product features a unique (patent pending) algorithm for earth loop impedance testing
- Able to perform quick, repeatable 3-wire non-trip loop tests on noisy and quiet circuits, without tripping a vast majority of RCDs and RCBOs
- Results obtained during 3-wire non-trip loop tests are unaffected by RCD and RCBO impedance and are accompanied by a confidence meter indicating each result's reliability
Free Leads, Screwdrivers or Wander LeadFree UK Delivery*Megger MFT1741+ Multifunction Tester£1,134.00 £945.00
1890 Reward PointsPrice Match GuaranteeSKU: 1012-611
- Ideal for testing low voltage electrical installations in areas with high electrical noise
- Test electric vehicle charge point RCDs
- New non-trip loop impedance technology with Confidence Meter
About Multifunction Testers
Multifunction testers, known commonly as MFTs or installation testers, are combination electrical testers that can be used to carry out all types of electrical testing procedures to verify and maintain electrical installations.
Similar to multimeters in terms of functionality, multifunction testers expand upon the common multimeter by carrying out testing across a much wider spectrum and also include unique testing procedures that you won't find on common DMMs. Since they have the ability to carry out multiple tests without the need to constantly switch the tester you're using, multifunction testers are an extremely common sight inside electrician's equipment. Without the hassle of constantly switching equipment to perform tests, electricians can stay in line with 17th edition rules and regulations while carrying out their test procedures in a timely and efficient manner.
The most common testing procedures that multifunction testers can carry out include:
- Insulation resistance tests
- Earth continuity tests
- Automatic RCDs tests
- Measure loop impedance and line impedance
- PSCC (prospective short circuit current) tests to determine required circuit breakers and fuses
- Socket polarity tests
- Wiring polarity checks
- Phase sequence/ rotation checks
Not all MFTs can carry out all of these functions - it is important to make sure you get the right instrument for your needs, so make sure you check which testing procedures the multifunction tester you're looking at can perform before making an investment.
Multifunction testers are also commonly divided up into two categories - downloadable, and non-downloadable. Downloadable multifunction testers are designed with internal memory, allowing users to store test data, communicate this data to PC and interact with it further using software packages. Non-downloadable MFTs are generally cheaper in price as they include no internal memory structure, and are designed for simple testing with users jotting down results gained.