The FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera – Choice of Lens is available in three models each with a different size lens and subsequently a different field of view (FOV). For further information regarding these models, please see the table below.
|Product Code||Product Name||Lens Size||FOV|
|436-0016-00S||FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera, 9mm, 69 x 56 FOV||9mm||69º x 56º|
|436-0017-00S||FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera, 13mm, 45 x 37 FOV||13mm||45º x 37º|
|436-0018-00S||FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera, 19mm, 32 x 26 FOV||19mm||32º x 26º|
*Please note 30Hz versions of these cameras are available here.
The FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera has a resolution of 640 x 512. It can be used as a thermal camera, thermal measurement instrument and data recorder, and has been optimised for use with small unmanned aircraft systems (sUAS), such as drones and quadcopters. This makes it particularly well suited to helping teams make informed decisions using aerial thermal images, videos and data. Its versatility also makes it ideal for the following applications:
- Search and rescue
- Precision agriculture
- Roof inspections
- Powerline inspections
- Substation inspections
- Cell tower inspections
For a quick introduction to these cameras, please see the video below.
The FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera is able to capture 14-bit still images and 8-bit digital video in MJPEG and H.264 file formats. This media is saved to the onboard, removable micro-SD card, ensuring that data is retained even if the camera suffers a transmission failure. This media can be viewed and downloaded by connecting the micro-SD card or camera to a PC. In addition to this, the FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera includes a power-in/ video-out 10-pin mini-USB which facilitates the user’s ability to access analogue video for downlinking, it also provides easy integration.
Another built-in feature present on the FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera, is a low-power Bluetooth module which facilitates a connection between the camera and FLIR’s iOS or Android apps. The operator is able to utilise these apps in order to configure the camera prior to take-off. He/she is able to select the desired colour palette, alter image adjustment features and configure PWM inputs, as well as start recording.
Once airborne the user can operate up to four camera controls using PWM commands. However, if the MAVLink function is turned on, the user can operate two camera controls, although he/she is also able to change colour palettes, initiate and inhibit recording and activate the e-zoom function whilst the camera is in flight (using a radio controller).
Additionally, when used with this function images and footage are saved with the aircraft’s geo-location and flight data information, improving the ease with which images may be stitched. Again this makes the FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera suitable for mapping, surveying and precision agriculture applications. Moreover, the FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera is compatible with the Pix4Dmapper software, which is designed to develop maps using aerial images captured by drones.
The FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera is a cost-effective, versatile thermography instrument which is ideal for use with UAVs such as drones.
FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera – Choice of Lens Key Features
- Available in three models with different lens sizes and FOVs
- Resolution: 640 x 512
- Functions as a thermal camera, thermal measurement instrument and data recorder
- Optimised for use with sUAS, such as drones
- Suitable for search and rescue, precision agriculture, roof inspection, powerline inspection, substation inspection, cell tower inspection, security, surveying and mapping applications
- Captures 14-bit still images
- Captures 8-bit digital videos in MJPEG and H.264 file formats
- Media saved to the onboard, removable micro-SD card
- Connect the micro-SD card or camera to a PC in order to download media
- Power-in/ video-out 10-pin mini-USB enables easy access to analogue video for downlinking and provides easy integration
- Integrated low-power Bluetooth module facilitates a connection between the camera and FLIR’s custom iOS and Android apps
- Apps allow the user to configure the camera pre-take-off: select colour palette, alter image adjustment features, set PWM inputs and initiate recording
- Once airborne the user can operate up to four camera controls using PWM commands
- Using the MAVLink feature the user can operate two camera controls
- Use MAVLink to change colour palettes, begin and finish recording and engage the e-zoom function whilst the camera is in flight
- MAVLink saves the geo-location of the aircraft and the flight data information with each captured image which adds to the ease of image-stitching
- Compatible with Pix4Dmapper
- Field-upgradability ensures the camera is always equipped with the latest features
- Your Choice of FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera – Choice of Lens
FLIR Vue Pro Thermal Imaging Camera Technical Specifications and Comparison Table
The FLIR Vue Pro 640 9Hz Thermal Imaging Camera is part FLIR's Vue Pro range. Please find below the technical specifications for all the models in this range.
|Thermal Imager||Uncooled VOx Microbolometer|
|Camera model||Vue Pro 640||Vue Pro 336|
(FOV for Full-Sensor Digital Output)
|9 mm; 69° x 56°||6.8 mm; 44° x 36°|
|13 mm; 45° x 37°||9 mm; 35° x 27°|
|19 mm; 32° x 26°||13 mm; 25° x 19°|
(FOV for NTSC Analog Output)*
|9 mm; 62° x 49°||6.8 mm; 44° x 33°|
|13 mm; 45° x 35°||9 mm; 34° x 26°|
|19 mm; 32° x 24°||13 mm; 24° x 18°|
|Spectral Band||7.5 - 13.5 μm|
|Full Frame Rates||30 Hz (NTSC); 25 Hz (PAL)|
|Exportable Frame Rates||7.5 Hz (NTSC); 8.3 Hz (PAL)|
|Size||2.26" x 1.75" (57.4 x 44.4 mm) (including lens)|
|Weight||3.25-4 oz (92.1 – 113.4 g) (configuration dependent)|
|Precision Mounting Holes||Two M2x0.4 on each of two sides & bottom
One 1/4-20 threaded hole on top
|Image Processing & Display Controls|
|Image Optimization for sUAS||Yes|
|Scene Presets & Image Processing?||Yes - Adjustable in App|
|Invertable Image?||Yes - Adjustable in App|
|Colour Palettes||Yes - Adjustable in App and via PWM|
|Zoom||Yes - Adjustable in App and via PWM|
|Input Voltage||4.8 - 6.0 VDC|
|Power Dissipation (peak)||2.1 W (3.9 W)|
|Operating Temperature Range||-20°C to +50°C|
|Non-Operating Temperature Range||-55°C to +95°C|
|Operational Altitude||+40,000 feet|
|* Because the analog video output resolutions (640 × 480 and 320 × 240, respectively) are less than the full sensor resolution captured when saving digital stills and video, their resultant fields of view are slightly smaller as well. Both sets of values are shown here to allow operators the option of choosing the FOVs that most accurately reflect their pre-flight planning requirements.