We are proud to be supporting Gas Safety Week 2018, taking place 17th – 23rd September.
Gas Safety Week is an annual safety week to raise awareness of gas safety and the importance of taking care of your gas appliances. It is co-ordinated by Gas Safe Register, the official list of gas engineers who are legally allowed to work on gas.
Badly fitted and poorly serviced gas appliances can cause gas leaks, fires, explosions and carbon monoxide poisoning. Every year thousands of people across the UK are diagnosed with carbon monoxide poisoning. It is a highly poisonous gas that can kill quickly with no warning, as you cannot see it, taste it or smell it.
Why not take the time to help your customers so they know to:
• Check their gas appliances every year. Gas appliances should be safety checked once a year and serviced regularly by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Tenants should be aware that it’s their landlord’s responsibility to arrange this. Encourage your customers to set a reminder so they don’t forget.
• Check their engineer is Gas Safe registered and qualified for the type of work they need doing. Let them know they can find this information on the Gas Safe Register website and the back of the Gas Safe ID card. When you go to your customer’s home, be proud to show them your card before they ask for it.
• Check for warning signs that their appliances aren’t working correctly, such as lazy yellow /orange flames instead of crisp blue ones, black marks on or around the appliance, a pilot light that keeps going out and too much condensation in the room.
• Check they know the six main symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness.
• Check they have an audible carbon monoxide alarm. This will alert them if there is carbon monoxide in their home.
Helping you to stay safe
As well as keeping your customers safe it is important for you to keep safe and compliant, too.
As a gas safe expert you should always make sure that your test equipment and analysers are calibrated and ready to carry out a reliable measurement. This will not only protect your client but also ensures your liability is protected and that you are safe and compliant!
PASS provides calibration and repair services for many makes and models of gas test equipment. We are also an approved Anton, Crowcon & TPI accredited service centre, offering calibration on a range of gas detectors and analysers. Providing short turnaround periods at highly competitive prices. Our dedicated calibration team will help you with any concerns that you have about your equipment. Our service includes an alert so we will even remind you when your calibration is due!
If your equipment is getting tired or you are in need of a new instrument then take a look at the huge range of test and measurement equipment that we provide; Flu Gas Analysers, CO Detectors, CO2 Detectors, Gas Leak Detectors, Smoke Testers, Drain & Plumbing Inspection cameras and Thermal Imaging cameras.
If you have any questions or you need an expert advice, please, don`t hesitate to call us on 01642 931 329 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay Gas Safe with PASS.
For more information about Gas Safety Week 2018 visit GasSafetyWeek.co.uk